1st oled and I'm undecided on a Sony a80j or lg c1 or the cx which was last year's but cheaper now

Ricco33

Hi guys I'm going to have a oled for first time i currently have the Panasonic gx800 50 inch which is good but think oled is the way,most important to me is motion ie football I want it smooth as poss which I know Sony is a strong point but the a80 j or a84j curry ex is £450 dearer which is alot of cash.i wanna know which one you guys would have.👍

At the time i bought it i found it 100 euro cheaper and with their double the difference got a 200 euro voucher back and went back in and bought a Ninja Foodi and now got a 50 euro voucher left.
If you can get a tv without the sat tuners it will be cheaper and use my boxes instead..
Try RicherSounds as very good and a good warranty.

just read review on this new philips and it gets a which? best buy rating The Philips 55OLED705/12 is £979 at the time of writing. It will take its rivals – the LG OLED55C14LB (£1,699), Sony XR-55A80J (£1,699) and Panasonic TX-55JZ980B (£2,099) – many moons to get below £1,000; if they even get there at all.

just read review on this new philips and it gets a which? best buy rating The Philips 55OLED705/12 is £979 at the time of writing. It will take its rivals – the LG OLED55C14LB (£1,699), Sony XR-55A80J (£1,699) and Panasonic TX-55JZ980B (£2,099) – many moons to get below £1,000; if they even get there at all.
Only ever had one Phillips and wasn't impressed with most things will look into it tho and thanks for reply

Hi guys I'm going to have a oled for first time i currently have the Panasonic gx800 50 inch which is good but think oled is the way,most important to me is motion ie football I want it smooth as poss which I know Sony is a strong point but the a80 j or a84j curry ex is £450 dearer which is alot of cash.i wanna know which one you guys would have.👍
Go in to curry's or a richer sounds, and take a USB stick with typical content you watch, and then see which one you like the best.

Go in to curry's or a richer sounds, and take a USB stick with typical content you watch, and then see which one you like the best.
To be fair that's pretty pointless, tv's in currys will always be set to vivid or dynamic modes, to make them as bright as possible, also the lighting in the store will be nothing like you have at home.

Richer Sounds might be slightly better, but still is unlikely be represent anything like your viewing situation at home.

To be fair that's pretty pointless, tv's in currys will always be set to vivid or dynamic modes, to make them as bright as possible, also the lighting in the store will be nothing like you have at home.
Not really, if you ask them nicely they're happy to let you adjust the settings to your liking. The lighting will be affecting all the TVs, obviously some will perform better in the "Currys lighting" than others, but there aren't much better ways to compare TVs with your own eyes...

I would love a Sony don't think u can go wrong but too expensive imo ,trouble is every review says Sony better picture deeper colours etc and build quality is good.

What's the best way to test that.sorry I'm into tech but not savvy with TV
Just play this on a TV,

I downloaded that on to usb and played it on all the ones I was interested in at Currys, I can't remember which now, but there were quite a few which it was quite prominent on. It's only really noticeable during football matches, when you're seeing the green, but it'll annoy you if the TV you buy suffers quite a lot from it.

Just play this on a TV,

I downloaded that on to usb and played it on all the ones I was interested in at Currys, I can't remember which now, but there were quite a few which it was quite prominent on. It's only really noticeable during football matches, when you're seeing the green, but it'll annoy you if the TV you buy suffers quite a lot from it.
Thanks do you known which brand is know for it etc.And which being the best.

Back