2 channels with same name on Virgin (Sky Comedy) - picon issue

chenks

TK Veteran
i've just posted on the picons github about the logo for the new Sky Comedy channel.
i can forsee issues with the SNP version of picons due to there now being 2 different channels on Virgin with the exact same name.

Sky Comedy HD on 121
Sky Comedy HD on 408

well done Virgin on that.

One of them will change name shortly.
They used to be Sky Movies Premier and Sky Movies Comedy etc but they dropped the 'movies'
I predict the new comedy channel will become sky comedy channel or sky comedy central or similar

i don't think it will, as on Sky platform the movie channel is called Sky Comedy Cinema.
it's Virgin that for some reason doesn't have the "Cinema" tag as part of the sky movie channels.

however, it seems it's a moot point as the "folks" over at picons.eu don't seem to be interested unless you follow the "template".
i gave all the info about which channels was wrong with the name and the SRP, and included a PNG of the correct logo, but it was auto-closed because whatever "template" wasn't followed.

so even though they now know there is a problem they will apparently ignore it out of, what appears to be, spite.
what a world we live in! :)

It is not spite. You just do not want to adhere to what a project has in place.

EDIT:
SNPicon code will handle the picons in exactly the same way as it does with other services. e.g ITV on 28.2 and itv on 13e. STV in UK and the Nordic ones

Last edited:
i don't think it will, as on Sky platform the movie channel is called Sky Comedy Cinema.
it's Virgin that for some reason doesn't have the "Cinema" tag as part of the sky movie channels.
Sky must have recently renamed it as the other movie channel's don't have cinema in the name. Virgin normally renames them to the same name and probably will do at some point.

It is not spite. You just do not want to adhere to what a project has in place.

makes no difference to me.
if you want your project to have wrong data then go for it - that, by definition, is spite IMO.
we should all enjoy life while it lasts.

Sky must have recently renamed it as the other movie channel's don't have cinema in the name. Virgin normally renames them to the same name and probably will do at some point.

for obvious reasons one would think, otherwise they'd have two channels with same name.

Not as if anyone gets paid for this stuff. You'd think people would want to co-operate instead of being awkward. The template is there to stop chasing for more information. If you have a point to prove, carry on. If you want to improve things, co-operate. Same thing applies to people who post about EPG importer being wrong but never actually inform Doglover.

And what is the service reference for the SD version?

Last edited:
I would re read this thread and the issue report on github to see who was whining.

It wasn't whining. On github they wanted you to use a template Abu Baniaz just pointed that out then added it after getting the service reference.

TBH I would remove it then that would be out of spite

Last edited:
that would be spite, and i would enjoy it if it happened.
actually on github one of the other stooges simply closed the issue straight away. it was only after i mentioned it here that it was picked up and actioned.

I had assumed it was a temporary rename when I first made the commit. Someone posted on PLi about EPG being duplicated and wrong. This was before you did. Get your facts right.

yadda yadda yadda
oh, and i have more than 1 gthub account :LOL:

as they say, it takes a arsehole to know an arsehole, and as a practicing arsehole myself... well i'm sure you can guess the rest :ROFLMAO:
life is for living, enjoy it while it lasts.

Back