2003 Peugeot 307sw blower fan stopped

dave1961

hi i have my wifes 2003 Peugeot 307sw and the blower fan has stopped working. i have looked at the fuses but there are no blown fuses. everthing else is working ok {hope its a cheap fix}

Petrol or Diesel.. There are 2 sensors under the bonnet that control the fan. One controls the switching on of the fan. The other is a temp control sensor. There is also a resistor that's actually on the radiator that controls the power going to the fan. You really need the car going on a diagnostic machine because that will tell you straight away if any of the sensors are faulty....

blower fan to me is internal fan,possibly the rheostat gone [ variable resistor ] which i think is accessed in behind glovebox on passenger side in the heater console highish up.some models differ quite a bit even the video i watched was wrong lol

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODZ3n5qTOZs

Hi there , your resistor is inside the heater box , when you get it out check the wiring that goes into it as there is a upgrade wiring loom for these cars about £40 the wiring overheats and burns the terminals off of the resistor , not a easy job to replace but it you just change the resistor and the loom is indeed burnt it will burn out the new one , loom goes into existing wiring harness to heater resistor to clock to flap control then heater controls , hope this helps you out

Back