2010 pegeout partner noise

Brucey89

Have a 1.6hdi partner and it has started to make a tapping/rattle sound when driving. If i take foot off accelerator noise goes away but comes straight back when put back on. Bit of oil in and around injectors. Local Mechanic said it needs seal replaced but said noise is nothing to worry about. Any ideas. Can't get to my usual mechanic for a few weeks.

Do you think noise is in under the bonnet or under the car?

Checked the oil and water?
Going to check oil in morning. Sounds like its coming from rear of engine hear it middle of dash/window.
Mechanic i took it to said everything is all ok apart from window wiper armarattling but thats behind bulkhead he said.

Does the noise only happen when driving or stationary if engine revs go up/down slowly.

If only when driving might a cv boot have burst and joint gone dry.

Does the noise only happen when driving or stationary if engine revs go up/down slowly.

If only when driving might a cv boot have burst and joint gone dry.
Seems to be when i initially start and if im idleing and press the accelerator like give it a a quick rev.

Could be a 1001 things im afraid @cactikid has covered most of the usual suspects
Heatshields
Wiper arm linkages
Exhaust clamps
Battery cover if fitted
Inner wing mounting arm bolt loose
Engine cover or loose undertray if fitted

Pinpoint the specific area and try and eliminate things one by one.
Vauxhall insignia in garage other day with annoying rear end rattle going over uneven ground = Pair of hairdressers scissors in boot under spare wheel lol

Oil level is ok. Noticed its not at idle as such as soon as i let clutch out it starts, also noticed when parked and full lock on steering wheel its making it but not as loud.

Hmm is the noise coming from something inside or travelling from engine bay ?? Usually clutch related noises are either flywheel on its way out or dry release bearing etc

Hmm is the noise coming from something inside or travelling from engine bay ?? Usually clutch related noises are either flywheel on its way out or dry release bearing etc
Think its travelling from engine bay. Thought it was loose engine cover at start but removed it an still made noise. Makes it when your driving along at any speed but if i take foot off accelerator it stops.

Back