2S vs H.2S

Erosguy

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on an H.2S but I wanted to check a few things first.

My main requirements are a webif that I can use as a remote and the ability to plug this in as a source in my Kodi devices (plural) using a plugin or tvheadend. I'm fairly sure I can achieve this on a 2S using the sucmnsee Vix image but I'm not sure if that works on this unit yet.

Can anyone advise me?
Thanks.

You should be able to do it on both but I'm not sure if you will be able to use 2 kodi devices at the same time because they will be using the second tuner

Ah, that's interesting. Is that how it works, then? One tuner goes to through hdmi and another one is available through IP? You can't have both through the kodi interface? I'm not bothered about watching multiple channels on multiple devices. As long as the kids can watch Dis Jnr in the bedroom I'm happy.

No the box is twin tuner so if you're using kodi one will be used on box while kodi is using the second one same as recording. I use my pi upstairs while box is been used downstairs without any problems but you won't be able to record at the same time

---------- Post Merged at 02:07 PM ----------

I suppose if the box is on standby you'll be able to use 2 kodi devices I might try that later pi on kodi and my phone using timote

Thanks, that would be useful. I've ordered one now so I'll test for myself next week :)
Can you view the same stream on multiple end points? I pictured it like a virtual TVHeadEnd source so figured I could pick it up like any old IPTV stream on multiple simultaneous devices/kodis.

sucmnsee image will hopefully be released for the H2S this week / early next week :)
I'm going to order the H2S today as an upgrade to my 2S

To answer my own question above - yes, you can stream to multiple Kodi instances simultaneously. Obviously it will mean streaming only a single channel, but the principle is sound. I've managed to get three separate streams out of one box as well as displaying natively on a TV through HDMI.

To answer my own question above - yes, you can stream to multiple Kodi instances simultaneously. Obviously it will mean streaming only a single channel, but the principle is sound. I've managed to get three separate streams out of one box as well as displaying natively on a TV through HDMI.

Care to do a step by step guide on how to do this? As id love to be able to set this up via my new h.2s too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back