3 H2h Boxes All the same problem

dfh101

Hi, I have 3 Zgemma H2H boxes for family members, All in the same town (Falkirk) all with the same problem, BBC2 HD, STV HD and Channel 4 HD are all ropey, may/may not clear, STV HD and CH4 HD will allways freeze after a short time.

The boxes where on ipab when the problem started 3 months ago, So updated all to openatv 6.2 and the latest wooshbuild, Still the same, All channels clearing and working fine apart from the above.

All boxes have 2 lines from different servers, set up in mgcamd and worked with no issues for 18 months. I have have got trial lines from someone on here and still the same faults on these channels.

All boxes are hard wired direct to the virgin router, They show a snr of 35db 69-71% in the wooshbuild signal finder section.

When i put their Virgin tv box in they get the channels no problem

Any ideas, what should i be looking at to isolate the problem.

Thanks

dfh101

STV and C4HD have been having trouble since they changed them to hd, SD are fine
Also, All regional 'FTA' channels are in the same boat - BBC1 Wales HD, STV HD, UTV HD and all the other regional channels like this are suffering.
Just use SD until it sorts itself out, it's not your line/server/setup/softcam or anything else, if you don't believe me, try as many test lines as you like, it's nationwide and it'll be the same on all lines/setups.
Kudos on ditching Ipleb, had as much future as a snowman from day one

Hi, I have 3 Zgemma H2H boxes for family members, All in the same town (Falkirk) all with the same problem, BBC2 HD, STV HD and Channel 4 HD are all ropey, may/may not clear, STV HD and CH4 HD will allways freeze after a short time.

The boxes where on ipab when the problem started 3 months ago, So updated all to openatv 6.2 and the latest wooshbuild, Still the same, All channels clearing and working fine apart from the above.

All boxes have 2 lines from different servers, set up in mgcamd and worked with no issues for 18 months. I have have got trial lines from someone on here and still the same faults on these channels.

All boxes are hard wired direct to the virgin router, They show a snr of 35db 69-71% in the wooshbuild signal finder section.

When i put their Virgin tv box in they get the channels no problem

Any ideas, what should i be looking at to isolate the problem.

Thanks

dfh101

If you can find a line provider that has local cards and not using cache ( admittedly not easy ) then I can confirm those channels you mention you're having problems with will clear just fine.

The issue is your provider, cheaper cache servers have apparently have had issues with the regional channels.

Unless you are in Wales, you can't check BBC1 Wales HD
unless you are in Scotland, you can't check STV HD
there is no ITV Anglia HD or Meridian HD etc so this is irrelevant
Never seen C4HD or ITV/BBC1HD glitch or freeze on cache server

no but seen lots of complaints of people not getting great picture on BBC 1 Scotland or STV HD and as soon as they try a server with local cards their issues with the channel have stopped. I can only assume it's the same as the lesser used channels on a cache server that tend to freeze more than the main channels.

The issue is your provider, cheaper cache servers have apparently have had issues with the regional channels.

Hi, who do you recommend for v lines that will work for these channels, pm me if its ok.

Thanks

dfh101

Back