3 network - better than it used to be

Its not a problem Linny, i'll make the £20 back in 2 months on what i save on my line rental.

yes i will do next time i talk to him. Hes just finished his 3 month probation i think. Ill get him to join and read the comments - lol.

At least you got out of it. Mines not actually started yet as i deferred it for 1 month. Starts on 9th June. Like all compaines there are good and bad, sometimes its the staff sometimes just the company they work for. I will be glad to come away from T mobile that much i do know as my service is rank. i get limited or no service more now than i did a while ago, and i know the signal on 3 is excellent in this area - but will have to wait n see

Might be of interest to members if thet are having signal problems Linny.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/03/mobile_charges_but_no_signal.html

Well i like their new value pack tarrif. Top up £10 and you will recieve 300 texts, 150mb of net access, free skype to skype calls, and free voicemail, and they will expire in 3 MONTHS!! (excluding your top ups)

I bought 4 of those sims recently dangerous, bought a used 3 phone stuck one in, topped up £10 and low & behold no free texts, the very thing I wanted. I discovered this after sending a text so if I can get the free texts I guess I'll have to wait untill the £10 has been used up. Down at the local Three store the assistant was clueless. Am I right thinking that even though it was an old but unused sim I should still get the tariff advertised on the pack? Any ideas?

I bought 4 of those sims recently dangerous, bought a used 3 phone stuck one in, topped up £10 and low & behold no free texts, the very thing I wanted. I discovered this after sending a text so if I can get the free texts I guess I'll have to wait untill the £10 has been used up. Down at the local Three store the assistant was clueless. Am I right thinking that even though it was an old but unused sim I should still get the tariff advertised on the pack? Any ideas?

I believe the tarrif might have been changed now but I am not sure, its not to clear on 3's website. I've moved onto a contract on Virgin now, my intention is to go back to 3 after my contract expires because I miss the 3G internet. Have you registered online with that sim on 3's website? Maybe you can find what tarrif that sim is on to see which deals you have access too..

Depends onhow long u had the sim as they only last a month before that offer expires shouldsay so on ur packed thesim comes in. Dans thread is2yrs old so that deal he mentioned would be long gone. Which is why if you went in the shop staff were clueless! Im on a 3 contract with ip4 n got a good deal but that was over a yr ago. They change things every so often to keep up with other carriers

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The only thing that 3G lacks is reception in certain areas but when it works, its absolutely rock solid, especially the internet. (y)

I went on to the 3G website to update myself on this one as I wasn't sure but found the following:

For £15 you get 300 minutes and 3000 texts
and now all-you-can-eat data.

£15 for my linking would still be too much for a month. :)

Bingo, this might be more informative:
Code:
http://ask3.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?New,KB=Mobile,TS=Mobile,T=CaseDoc,varset_PayGhelpbckDisp=1,varset_CatID=1413,Case=obj%281990%29,varset_USERNAME=Mobile:PayGUser

If you were on there 3Pay tariff you would get the following free:
Texts to any UK mobile Free allowance with every top-up, then 11p/text
Mobile internet Free allowance of 150MB with every top-up, then 31p / MB
Skype-to-Skype Free (compatible phone required)
Windows Live Messenger Free

I know it doesn't say exactly how much free texts you get which is why I'm confused on the website. Back then I used to top up online so I would get 600 texts and 150MB internet which would last me around 2 months out of the 3 i was allowed.

If I dont get what I had before or something similar then I wont be going back with 3.

Last edited:
I had a nokia n80 on the 3 network the only time I could get reception at home I had to hang out of the rear bedroom window so I went to O2 and never looked back

O2 and Orange are by far the best networks for reception, beats 3G hands down, but the 3G network sure has the best internet experience around...

As for Virgin, I'm currently using the Orange signal on my Virgin sim because T-Mobile and Orange have "teamed up" and now I can leech of the Orange network under my Virgin contract sim/phone. :)

with some nokias they didnt always seem to work on the 3 network. I often had trouble with my E71 but as soon as i got my ip4 ive had no connection problem at all and im on the net all the time. Often my 3g network is better than my vm wireless

I was aware it was an old thread and an old sim, obviously I was expecting too much from the Three eeejut, but surely if I open an old but unused sim pack they should give me that tarrif? I think for £10 you got 300 texts, internet & skype which lasted for 3 months and was used before your regular credit. Good deal for a light user like me, so what is the new pay as you go deal?

I was aware it was an old thread and an old sim, obviously I was expecting too much from the Three eeejut, but surely if I open an old but unused sim pack they should give me that tarrif? I think for £10 you got 300 texts, internet & skype which lasted for 3 months and was used before your regular credit. Good deal for a light user like me, so what is the new pay as you go deal?
It would have had an expiry date on the package so no if it was out of date you wouldnt probably get the package you thought you had - you would need to take it up with one of the staff in their shops. As for their latest deal again look on their website or go into one of their stores. I had some very old o2 sims that i got "FREE" as you used to be able to send off for free ones, but they had an expiry date - which was probably only a month or so, so if not used you would pay regular prices and not the tarif it advertised. look on any of the carriers website and in the small print it will probably mention something about tarrifs - even if it says subject to change etc.

i am still on 3 and would not change, plus as they are merging with O2 they are going to be bigger and better :)

BUMP!

Now they've upped their contracts to £20

Was paying £12.90 on a rolling 30 day contract sim only. Time to look elsewhere for another cheapish contract. Can't afford the £20 per month charge with nearly £30 for VM broadband on top.

Thinking of leaving EE and joining Three, just wondering what the coverage is like, I mainly use it for streaming music when driving.
any feedback would be great
cheers

Back