32GB USB Flash Drive - £19.99

bobby123

TECHKINGS RESIDENT
32GB USB Flash Drive, £19.99 with free delivery... However dont know how accurate the read write times are but great price either way. Wouldnt trust it for important files but fine for put movies and music for media players etc

i have removed because USB FLASH DRIVES fake sorry mdog

Last edited:
nice one thanks placed an order and had a confirmation email saying it was in the post will have to wait and see what its like

Code:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Memorex-Mini-TravelDrive-USB-Flash-Drive-32GB-/170641636545?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item27bb08bcc1#ht_634wt_1139

Last edited by a moderator:
Be very very careful buying USB drives from ebay, the majority of so called cheap big size GB drives have there firmware modified to have a lets say a 1GB drive show up on your computer as a 32GB drive etc. Once you try to load more than 1GB on it you will get the message drive is full.

I have had fake USB flash dives from eBay before and I personally I wouldn't buy that one as the seller has just joined eBay with feedback from one other person who also has just joined with feedback of zero eBay buyer beware once bitten

Bought 2 of the 32GB USB FLASH DRIVES for £19.99 from base.com - Your home for internet shopping delivered today and they are very cheaply made in packaging branded Base.com and made in China on testing both they only hold 3.9 GB of uncorrupted data and any more is corrupt this is one of the signs of a fake drive the properties show them to be 32gb but more likely only 4 gb I have ran the test program H2testw v1.4 with the following results

Warning: Only 30221 of 31983 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
3.9 GByte OK (8235392 sectors) ---------------------------------True Size
25.5 GByte DATA LOST (53657216 sectors) ------------------- Fake Capacity
Details: 0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
25.5 GByte corrupted (53657216 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x000000001fd5c008
Expected: 0x1fd5c001dd864011
Found: 0x1fd5c000dd864001
H2testw version 1.3
Reading speed: 4.55 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

My conclusion don't buy them !!!!!!! :censored:

think ill stick with me large hd drive that ive converted! cost me around £50 for 500gb and as i bought it in a shop i know its genuine!

Sorry to hear that mdog, I had a horrible feeling but as you had already purchased did not want to rock the boat and say so, so to speak. I use Amazon for my drives after the same experience as you on a ebay purchase many moons ago.

had an email back from a Jason at BASE.COM today " We will happily replace or refund the item you have received if you have found it to be poor quality. We can assure you that these items are not fake and were made for us by Memory Pro." what a joke i googled base.com and fake usb and this fake 32gb usb drive is being discused on other forum sites also warning others not to buy them as they are fake lets hope i get a refund and dont have to fight for it.

Back