37.0 snr

Johnny47

Hey guys can anyone recommend what I can do, I seem to be getting a lot of freezing lately and I have spoken to my sub supplier and he has told me it because my signal is too low. Can anyone recommend a way I can improve it as most channels are 37 and some are even 35 thanks in advance

It's a standard VM set up as it was installed about 2months ago. I was having issues with it before I took VM out so I swapped to VM for TV and broadband and got them to do a whole install and it still isnt that great

Pablo has mentioned their cables are not the best for e2 boxes,post picture of cables and splitter.

Cables look good with crimped connections but cant see name on splitter?

Attachments

• vm splitter.jpg
    vm splitter.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 27
Amongst that pile of spaghetti will be a VM router, have a look at the bottom and get the settings password
open a browser window on laptop and type 192.168.0.1, click enter
use that password to login to the router
click Advanced settings on the left, then tools>network status
this opens a new page, click Downstream tab at the top and it'll show all the data in a list
copy and paste it here
Dbmv (power) should be between -6 and 10
rxmer(SNR) should be 38 or above, the higher the better, below 34.5 is useless

those white cables look like they're long?
try a short cable from splitter to the box, 1-2 metres max.
How does your supplier know you have low SNR?
have you checked power levels at router?
There only about a meter each and he know because I told him.

What do you mean about checking power at the router

Is there any booster I can get or anything like that

There only about a meter each and he know because I told him.

What do you mean about checking power at the router

Is there any booster I can get or anything like that
see post above on how to check power levels.
If they are miles out, and it sounds like they are, then VM need to come back and adjust them

just find the power levels first, it's unlikely VM would have left them like that if they are very bad so it can be tracked down to something you have added, splitter, cables etc

ok there's nothing wrong with power levels in router and SNR is fine too, but not at the box, this points to a duff cable from splitter to the box.
if you have a different one, swap this over from splitter to the box, if you have no spare cable, take the one from the router and put this in zgemma, and the one from zgemma into router, but before that, check that you have the connections the correct way at the splitter, the side with one inlet should be connected to incoming VM cable, the two out ports should be connected to box and router, I've seen people get these wrong before

ok there's nothing wrong with power levels in router and SNR is fine too, but not at the box, this points to a duff cable from splitter to the box.
if you have a different one, swap this over from splitter to the box, if you have no spare cable, take the one from the router and put this in zgemma, and the one from zgemma into router, but before that, check that you have the connections the correct way at the splitter, the side with one inlet should be connected to incoming VM cable, the two out ports should be connected to box and router, I've seen people get these wrong before
Ok I'll give that a go I literally haven't touched since the world's moodiest engineer installed it lol

Back