38E in UK with 80cm or 1m dish

Hi again,

Just wondering if someone who has motorised system can confirm if Paksat on 38e is accessible in UK? I noticed people here getting many Eastern sats. If yes what dish size is needed?

I am still deciding between 80cm and 1 meter dish but if 1 meter gives me that and few arabsats then i shall go for the bigger dish.

If not I might stick with 80cm which should give me mostly European sats.

Cheers

I don't think it's available, I think 36e and 39e are. I have checked the william 1 strongest transponder list and it does not show up as available.

Just googled the same question and found some old posts on another forum. Looks like some sat enthusiasts managed to catch some channels ij UK probably on bigger dishes. Also they mentioned it is C band sat so may not work with KU band lnbs?

I checked lyngsat and it's cku band what ever that is. You can get 39e easily enough and in fact I think I have had channels as far east as 53e. They where some Russian channels. That 38e slot maybe aimed around mid East ect.

Not sure about 38e but 39e can be picked up on a minidish although it loves a LOT of skew like down by #1 or past.

Right next to it is 42e where TRT SPOR HD broadcast a usually third choice free to air 3pm KO as well as Sunday games of teams who play Thursday nights in the EL. All games sublet from Turkey's main rights holder S-Sport. Which can also be picked up with a minidish.

Anything decent on 36e?

Not sure about 38e but 39e can be picked up on a minidish although it loves a LOT of skew like down by #1 or past.

Right next to it is 42e where TRT SPOR HD broadcast a usually third choice free to air 3pm KO as well as Sunday games of teams who play Thursday nights in the EL. All games sublet from Turkey's main rights holder S-Sport. Which can also be picked up with a minidish.

Anything decent on 36e?

Thanks mate, I am trying to find a bird which broadcast live Cricket matches apart from 28.2e. I dont think any of the usual European satellites have any sport channel for cricket (can some one please confirm?)

That is why i was hoping I can catch 39e or 68.5e. However, after researching a lot in last few days I have concluded that not possible without very big dish so not worth searching. So it seems IPTV is only solution for cricketer lovers.

Thanks mate. I had already gone through this website and looked at the channel directory but cannot see any obvious cricket channel. Only one in Europe seems to be the Sky Sports UK which we cannot get without subscription.

In Asia you have option for Star sports, Tensport, Super sports SA, PTV sports or even Australian cricket channels.
[/Q

Sorry! just to refresh memory, this was an old Australian Sat which was bought out many years ago, renamed as Paksat1 and moved to its present location. Mainly C band (You can check the low freq bands on Lyngsat) and probably a few Ku bands channels.
C band requires a different type LNB ( at least that was the case about 10-12 year ago). The main problem you might have is that footprints in some parts of Europe are accessable like Turkey and beyond. But in the UK , you will be really stuggling to capture it. There are mainly Pakistan based news and entertainment chanels,. My understaning is that this and the other platform at 68.5 are used to beam across the signals (possibly via other satellites and / or other carriers) to rebroadcast via Sky 28.2 in Europe.
Your best bet is IPTV which does cover majority of them you listed albeit with a certain delay of a few seconds. The picture quality sometimes you also have to compromise over. Hope this helps.

Sorry! just to refresh memory, this was an old Australian Sat which was bought out many years ago, renamed as Paksat1 and moved to its present location. Mainly C band (You can check the low freq bands on Lyngsat) and probably a few Ku bands channels.
C band requires a different type LNB ( at least that was the case about 10-12 year ago). The main problem you might have is that footprints in some parts of Europe are accessable like Turkey and beyond. But in the UK , you will be really stuggling to capture it. There are mainly Pakistan based news and entertainment chanels,. My understaning is that this and the other platform at 68.5 are used to beam across the signals (possibly via other satellites and / or other carriers) to rebroadcast via Sky 28.2 in Europe.
Your best bet is IPTV which does cover majority of them you listed albeit with a certain delay of a few seconds. The picture quality sometimes you also have to compromise over. Hope this helps.

Thanks mate. Sorry missed your post. Yes IPTV seems to be only option to get 38 or 68.

No wonder why No one play Cricket in mainland Europe as there is no coverage at all. ICC should have done more to promote the cricket there.

There’s a live feed up for the current cricket test match on 28.2e.

Freq: 12625
Pol : H
Sym: 7200
Mod: 8PSK

Biss encrypted though so need to be set up to input keys.

Thanks. But I don't think there is way to open Sky UK channels with any line ?

I am not sure what is Biss keys but happy to learn if you can point me to the right direction ?

Cheers

Back