4k receiver.

bcfc

Hi' Guys.

I am looking at purchasing a 4k box only one I can see is a VU+ solo 4k ultra hd Price around the £400 mark are these worth the outlay or is there better boxes out.
As always support is must in regards or firmware and updates. Any help would be so appreciated. Ideally would like a Built in hdd.

Thanks Guys.

Chris.

I would love a solo 4k but we don't even get HD on sat so I can't see UHD being any different, thats why I haven't bought one yet.

I think the purchase will be pointless as mentioned I cannot see it being possible to make the jump from sd to 4k

That box is very good if you want to use it with a proper sky subscription and have the enigma 2 features,it is also amazing running iptv as long as you have fibre and a good server provider,all full hd from many places in the world

Last edited:
If you have a sky subscription and used the card in this box I would expect the hd channels not to work on it due to the pairing sky use,. Personally, and just my.opinion is that iptv is not there yet and I don't think it's full HD and I've tried most suppliers, still too compressed for me, even a zgemma will run iptv ok and a sky card.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys yes I fully understand about HD issues with card pairing...Just stuck at mo if to purchase this or not..I have to use full Sky subs :-) no choice for me I could not risk using a flashed box for my channels. May still be worth it.. So if I was going for a 4k box then solo ultra hd is the flaver to go for?

Chris.

There are other boxes coming out but unless you have a motorised dish there is no point in having one even then unless your into watching German shopping channels they're pointless also the vu will only run Oscam so unless you're used to using it you will only get free view.

As good as the 4K is I just don't think its worth the money, you can get a really solid box for under £200 and if you want IPTV too then get a MAG box for £70

If you get a officially support OpenVix box then you will get updates and full support as you wanted.

Rai on 13° east have just started a new 4K channel called Rai 4K and it will be showing the rest of the Euro Games in 4K UHD, i dont see any other UK provider offering this option

Back