4k resolution

reswob

hi guys.
my supplier has only yesterday introduced 4k streams.
my tv make is lg-webos uh661v,it,s 4k.
now i never had a problem with 4k on the tv it always works.
but my STB is vu uno 4k.
when i connect my uno to my tv the 4k streams from the box wont play,all i can here is the audio.
the resolution on the box is set to 2160.
my supplier gave me a test (same package) for my tv and that works fine.
i much prefer to use the box as mac is linked to box and i can take it with me should i need to travel.or to m8 house to watch a ppv event.

4k is 3840x2160p h.264 if your tv or device max resolution is 1920x1080 you will only get sound and no picture
Those with no sound have devices that don't understand ADTS audio codec
Having a 4k device and a 1080p tv will not work

tks m8.
im confused mbull,the tv is 4k.it does show 4k content currently without the box connected.
if tv was 1080p it should not be possible to watch 4k content on it now.

I’ll try look up a thread on this. Could be on another forum though.
It’s something to do with H264/H265. It’s the box that has the issue with I think H264. It has to be H265.

ashhbi,were on the box are those settings.
i cant find them.i looked in picture and audio settings.cheers m8

The 4K stream needs to be H265. If not the box will not play it. There are no settings on the box to change this.

@ ashhbi,tks for reply.
it sort of dont make sense,because there are other boxes working with the 4k from same provider.
thats what made me think it was issue with the box.

tks guys,
strange how it cant recieve the picture.but can only recieve the sound.and if manual states it,s compitable then surley it,s box setup is the issue.

all bcm arm model support h264 max 1080P
and h265 2160p
It's an hardware issue. The current hardware don't support it. If Broadcom and/or the box driver devs can enable it somehow, we don't know. Most likely I guess it's not possible.
Taken from another fourm

I did read on a thread there was 1 provider who has 4k. But the bandwidth needed is huge.

Most of the streams doing the rounds are just 1080p or 1080i streams that they edit with 4k ultra had logo in the top right hand corner, don't be fooled by this has you can put any logo etc onto any stream you wish.

Back