I have done a speed test on my firestick and it’s 51mbs with fast.com

A lot of people recommend 50-100mbps for 4k, although that is for live streaming, your vod should be OK.

Can you find your TV specs/model to post and someone will advise whether it's capable?

OK

It can play 2160p files without any issues. I thoght 2160p is 4k?
Ye 2160p is 4k.

The 4k rips which are smaller are compressed whereas the 2160p untouched filee like remuxes are the huge 4k files.

Ones you stream are not always untouched remux but can be compressed so much where it's much smaller.

Ye 2160p is 4k.

The 4k rips which are smaller are compressed whereas the 2160p untouched filee like remuxes are the huge 4k files.

Ones you stream are not always untouched remux but can be compressed so much where it's much smaller.
Oh right

So when i download my 4k films. if it says "remux" does that mean the file is the true 4k?

Ye the 4k remux files you download they are true 4k as they are massive file sizes. The untouched ones are even bigger than remux ones and believe they can be played through VLC.

Compressed 4k you will know as they are quite a bit smaller.

Even 1080p remux files are quite big.

A lot of people recommend 50-100mbps for 4k, although that is for live streaming, your vod should be OK.

Can you find your TV specs/model to post and someone will advise whether it's capable?
I said on different thread it depends on isp speeds about 4K content whether live or vod will need good speeds lol and people was quick to jump on bandwagon saying speeds don’t play a part for true 4K you need exceptionally good speeds compressed 4K you don’t

I said on different thread it depends on isp speeds about 4K content whether live or vod will need good speeds lol and people was quick to jump on bandwagon saying speeds don’t play a part for true 4K you need exceptionally good speeds compressed 4K you don’t

Don't stream or download 4k but streaming and especially downloading true 1080p blu ray requires really good speeds also.

Yeah even bigger then that, I watched avengers 80 gb big, quality was unbelievable, but again you need RD for streams like that

Yeah even bigger then that, I watched avengers 80 gb big, quality was unbelievable, but again you need RD for streams like that

RD just gives you a complete different experience with its premium links.

It does have some untouched 4k streams on some movies.

Without RD or premiumize linked to cinema or other similar apps you will get rubbish streams.

Back