50th birthday suprise for a dear friend

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Right ladies and gents a little story of a great friend.
As a few members on here are aware that i am autistic etc a dear friend of mine helped me through a very dark time in my life when i split from my long term partner.
Anyway not to go into great detail about this i probably would not be here if it was not for her compassion and understanding etc.
Anyway enough of the waffling on and thanks for reading this far.
I want to get her a suprise for her 50th and this is where you guys and gals come into the equation .
I basically need ideas for a suprise for her and i have a budget of £1.000 and the suprise has to be in this country because she wont fly etc but pretty much else goes .

Ive got till the end of october because her birthday is in november.
Anyway my daughter will pick the best idea you guys can come up with and whoever gets picked i will give you a £25 love to shop card for your efforts and ideas.

Once again thanks for reading and get your ideas in and good luck.
Ps hope this post is ok if not admin please let me know ok.

As a few members on here are aware that i am autistic etc a dear friend of mine helped me through a very dark time in my life when i split from my long term partner.
Anyway not to go into great detail about this i probably would not be here if it was not for her compassion and understanding etc.
I want to get her a suprise for her 50th and this is where you guys and gals come into the equation .
I basically need ideas for a suprise for her and i have a budget of £1.000 and the suprise has to be in this country because she wont fly etc but pretty much else goes .

Anyway my daughter will pick the best idea you guys can come up with and whoever gets picked i will give you a £25 love to shop card for your efforts and ideas.

What a fantastic gesture @rs500nutter, she is lucky to have friends like you. What sort of hobbies/interests does she have?

Ps, if I suggest an idea and you pick it, spend the £25 on your friend, sounds like she deserves it.

@rs500nutter
As has been said great gesture, and a true friend you have think you know the answer. Buy her a drone () exercise. Slight frustration. combined with a companionship. shed loads of fun..

@rs500nutter Fantastic gesture mate (a male stripper only joking)
A tribute band to play for her of her favourite band a big celebration What about a meal on London Eye and a day out in London or somewhere where she would love to go or a weekend away to France by car or a luxurious cottage don't have to fly as way of saying happy birthday and a thank you for been a close friend or ask your daughter to try and get some ideas of places or things she used to love doing

Last edited:

Well said, it's the dark times you find out who your real friends are.
Glad you're feeling better!

She sounds like a lovely lady and i am sure you will get some great ideas from fellow tk members, good luck and what a fantastic and wonderful gesture you have thought of, well done rs500, does she have any close family members that you could speak to, that can keep it quiet?, that could help you come up with something spectacular.

remember every day we wake up is a good day :(y):, not original but what about a spa weekend all ladies like a good pampering:) with all the bells and whistles .
dean.m

bungee rocket [ if she is the type, its not too scarey ] followed by a nice spa weekend, as suggested above.
bit of excitement followed by some relaxation.

Spoil her with a few different things, a week away somewhere nice in another part of GB maybe, plus as has been mentioned a bit of pampering, some jewellery, etc. make her 50th last a week.

@rs500nutter, there is nothing wrong with the premise of your thread, not sure id trust many of the other nutters around here lol

Seriously though, you need to describe this person to us (i dont mean looks) how old, whats their personality, do they like adventure, or are they into being pampered, etc.?
Is this person married, or are you two involved, or just really good friends? (You dont want a pi$$ed off jealous husband/boyfriend)
For me, without knowing anything about this person, i would possibly get two things - one to keep (a nice photo in a frame, something sentimental) and something to do - with your budget it could be extravagent, how about a nice weekend away with a Spa treatment package, coupled with a baloon ride, or similar.

Describe away - give us a few clues mate.

@rs500nutter, there is nothing wrong with the premise of your thread, not sure id trust many of the other nutters around here lol

Seriously though, you need to describe this person to us (i dont mean looks) how old, whats their personality, do they like adventure, or are they into being pampered, etc.?
Is this person married, or are you two involved, or just really good friends? (You dont want a pi$$ed off jealous husband/boyfriend)
For me, without knowing anything about this person, i would possibly get two things - one to keep (a nice photo in a frame, something sentimental) and something to do - with your budget it could be extravagent, how about a nice weekend away with a Spa treatment package, coupled with a baloon ride, or similar.

Describe away - give us a few clues mate.

To give a little background she is 49 yrs old and she is a SEN teacher for kids with special needs and learning difficulties etc.
She is married and has 2 kids one of which as aspergers syndrome.
She loving the great outdoors and anything adventurous and extreme.

She probably likes pampering but im not 100% sure.
She loves camping and anything to do with boats.

She is the type of person to go to the ends of the earth to help anyone that needed help and would expect nothing in return.

And lastly to answer your question @wheelo there is no love interest between us she is just a very very good friend and an amazing person.

What about a short break away to the continent via ferry, Hull to Amsterdam or Bruges. Find a nice spa hotel in the city and chill for a couple of day. Good luck :)

Would she
A. Be likely to have the time to continue
B. Enjoy

Scuba diving?
She could get her PADI open water qualification for maybe 400 pounds (based on irish prices)

There has to be a water sports place in the UK where you do canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, etc. In conjunction with a camp site?

Back