96 rav4 2.0 petrol

flutered

can i beg steal or borrow a cat for one of these, its only for a week, it is required to pass the nct, they cost 600 lids to buy, i had spent almost 900 on this before a realible guy would not take any money from me and told me what it required, unlike the two scammers that had it before him.

your best bet is to try the boneyards first.have you looked into the prices of aftermarket cats?is the cat missing or is it plugged?what kind of trouble are you having with the rav?

as with most of these engines the due to oil seals hardening the cat is completly burned out, i have being trying since early in the year to scource a reasonably priced one, there is an amount of work done to it, if i cannot source a cat then it is a shed for years or scrap it, which so far i have been unwilling to do, if i had 12 months test on it i could drive it, as it is a car which asks to be driven.

flutered not sure if this would help but go to engine problems scroll down to nct engine emmission fail problems ( 4th down) click the link worth a try cheaper than a cat.

unfortunately without a working cat it will certainly fail.so i take it that by hardened seals you are talking about excessive oil consumption?if this is the case i would not bother with a cat as the oil burning will also cause a fail.at least in my country.not sure where you are but by the word petrol i would say british isles?

Hi cos it a old car before 2002 you can fit a aftermarket cat or you could get one off a car from the scrap yard with the same bore and weld it in or oversize bore and sleeve and clamp it.

i fitted a spurious one, it was too far from the engine so of no use, terrybgood your suggestion seems to be the answer, after christmas i will print it out and take it to the garage, many thank every one and seasons greetings to one and all.

Back