A computer can have 2 or 3 Internal Harddrives

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
For 2 Hard drives (IDE)

You use an IDE 40 Pin cable with 3 plugs. One plug is for the Motherboard slot marked (IDE 0) the other 2 plugs plug into each Hard drive. One Hard drive is made a Master ( place pins as required), the 2nd Hard drive is made a Slave (place the pins as required).

Then the 2nd Hard drive must be Formatted.

Most computers can have up to 4 IDE Components. 2 Hard drives and 2 Optical Disk Drives (CD and/or DVD) again one is master other is slave. Connected the same way described above for the Hard drives but plugs into slot marked (IDE 1).

moh im a novice at this would it make the computer any faster or just give me more memory.

The only benefit i can see dee is HDD #1: Windows and programs
HDD #2:Personal stuff, i didn't realise till earlier that you can add another internal hard drive,but i suppose having an external hard drive does the same thing when you think about it.

dee do you use ccleaner if not you should its great for clearing all the gunk from a pc.

Yes dee its a free programme to use here's the link http://www.ccleaner.com/

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

Last edited:
cheers moh il do that after lunch. see if i can get it back up to speed.

done that cheers m8

Last edited:
Back