A gadget to link box from downstairs to upstairs

Craige85

Hi, a friend is getting a Zgemma H.2S box in few weeks, which im going to set up for him, he wants it linked so whatever watching from the box downstairs to upstairs. I've got a Triax Tri Link kit on my box linked on my box, but wanted to ask is this the only kit to get, or is there another kit to get, and much cheaper or something, or will i have to get this Triax Tri Link kit for him as well. Cheers

Craig

If networking allows - Amazon Fire Stick or Raspberry Pi; running Kodi with TV enabled, using the VU+/Enigma2 client

Or VIX fallback receiver function an option. Any E2 box with broken tuners would even do.

Last edited:
Lots of options.

the specific location, technical ability and budget are all a question though.

I use a kit which takes the HDMI signal into a HDMI splitter and CAT5 ballast, splits it to 1 hmdi out to the local TV and then through a CAT5 cable over a 30m distance to another HDMI/CAT ballast. At the receiver ballast it then goes HDMI to the slave TV...
Tv2 is able to use a remote to watch and control the box and its full HD.
As per this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HD-1080P-...016083?hash=item20eec7aa13:g:49EAAOSwJb9Wryu6

You can split the HDMI and just use 2 HDMI cables, one to each TV

You can use an app on a KODI android box/friestick to pick up the stream

You can use a smart IPTV app on a Samsung or LG tv (possibly others too)

You can use a hdmi splitter and wireless sender/receiver

You can get a second box and either run sky cables to it

And probably lots of other options too!

Budget, ease of use and local circumstances for running cables are probably the most important bits to figure out...

Last edited:
Thanks for all them options, so many options. He just wants a box downstairs, and he's already got a Coax cable going up to one of the bedrooms, cause he had sky multiroom, so something linked to that be alright for him for now. But i might be looking at upgrading my Triax Tri Link kit to something diffferent tho, the picture is ok while using it, but def wouldnt mind getting a HD picture quality up to the second TV upstairs. Will spent quite a bit for something good, and get a better picture quality, just something easy to set up, and not so much leads and plugging in etc.

Craig

I use the hdmi splitter option with a second hdmi cable going upstairs...works a treat.... box can be controlled remotely using VU+ remote app

So with the HDMI splitter, I can't control box from downstairs to upstairs, I'd rather use a Zgemma remote to control the TV upstairs if I can, the app could be handy aswell tho

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

The HDMI over cat5/6 cable is a serious option. £35 for the stuff, a long network cable £5-10 and a second zgemma remote £10
Works perfectly and full HD picture. pricey but reliable. That is what I did and I wouldn't really suggest anything else as a 'proper' option....

Other option but no experience is a HDMI wireless sender, sure they also have options for the IR signal to be sent back. The picture quality is what you need to worry about but in theory should be fine. That is perhaps a solution to the remote control and easy set up but the quality and cost - no idea sorry.

The other solution is so send a picture from the Red/White/Yellow leads to a RF Modulator and then through the coax to the other TV as per the Sky box and RF2 out - no remote control though. Sky Eyes will not work.

- - - Updated - - -

There are also things you can stick on either end of the HDMI cable so pass the IR signal back - that might work with the hdmi splitter option - again no experience but seems feesible...

I tried an HDMI splitter and had no success - perhaps a cheap/bad one

Back