Cable a little help migrating from H2S

s3xoturbs

Hi guys for the last two years i have had a H2S but after a few problems im looking to go cable...
i recently purchased a H2H and want to know how i could tell if my cable connector on the house was still active with zero subscription. i have flashed dsayers openatv 5.3 and changed the network id to my area so with that would i get freeview channels if the cable to tuner B was still active?
thanks. c

When you do a scan it should find 308 channels or something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

yeah, im popping over to my fathers tonight to test it and have to get in contact with virgin media.. only left them couple months ago to join bt lol

Why do you need to contact VM or change your broadband provider?

Because they have cut me off completley. so im getting no signal to the house.. if i change to vm broadband then hey will re activate the connection to my house then i can use that to get a signal on my H2H

OK, I've never known them do that. Are you sure you've selected the correct provider in the Tuner Config as well as net ID. ?

really.. is their any other way of testing it??
i basically plugged in power/hdmi/tuner.b then other side of tuner b to the splitter where i used to have vm. i checked the tuner settings and it was vm uk and the id was set to the town next to mine as i couldnt find my town but their was two towns next to me with the same id so i used that.
only other thing was i had no internet connection?? i wouldnt need that for freeview channels would i?.

In the Tuner settings page there are a few virgin media UK providers that you can choose from? I use Virgin Media UK (pure) Not sure if the rest give the same results

Ok no harm in giving that a try.. ill try all the uk ones and try a scan.. i have now flashed biohead so it is cable only but ill try the different providers

OK so after buying the correct connector to plug the cable coax into the box and changing the provider a few times its finally finding channels on the manual scan it found 573 channels but all of the channels are showing as blank screen?? Including BBC1.. should I be able to view this channel without a line? Thanks

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back