A little noob help greatly appreciated please S2 / H2S [Solved]

SP0NGER0B

Hi all, I hope you are all keeping safe and well in these troublesome times?

So I've rewired my home network, I was having trouble accessing my 2S box from my home network (even though the 2S box itself said it had an internet link) - turns out two of the CAT5 wires were reversed on the plug that I crimped (my fault) so I was elated today to find that problem and to fix it as well.

Moving on, I would like to ask how do I remove autofs directories? I created a few to test connectivity and now that connectivity itself has been solved I have a number of 'directories' which need to be removed to clean up the UI.

I've removed these other mounts from the mounts manager in setup using the undocumented 'Yellow' button.. I was happy to discover that!

settings.jpg

However in E2iPlayer these are still showing up.

e2i media.jpg

I don't know much about linux (hence the noob in the topic title) but I feel it's got something to do with a SymLink or maybe Permissions? I had a little play in terminal via OpenWebIf..

HTML:
cd ..
cd ..
cd media
cd autofs
ls
Movies MoviesIX4200D TVSeries iX4 Ix4
ls -ld ix4
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jun 4 20:24 ix4
rm ix4
rm: 'ix4' is a directory
rmdir ix4
rmdir: 'ix4' : Permisison denied

This is exactly the same as in the mnt or media directories..

mnt.jpg

media.jpg

So basically my question is what do I need to do to remove these directories to clean up my UI please?

Many thanks in advance and stay safe! Kind regards.

That version of e2iplayer is 2yrs old and your box image will be way outdated reflash with an uptodate image if you have usb/hdd mounted and initialised then run the command prompt for grog free range

Delete and reinstall e2i player, would that not solve your problem ?

Great idea.. I never thought to do that.. Although I did consider it maybe kinda overkill, but if it works, then all good!

UNFORTUNATELY it didn't work :-( I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it today.. When checking the mounts, all of those existing ones were present.. So I guess the uninstallation routine is kinda rubbish or maybe the uninstallation couldn't remove those directories (the same as myself)

What firmware is on the box

Flashed OpenATV v6.2 in 2018 then Whooshbuild v10 - WB Config v3

Not sure on that image but i would be unmounting all mounts and reboot box

Unmounted all mounts (Yellow key to delete as before) then rebooting box doen't remove the E2i's previously created directories :-(

Online flash and restore is your best bet

Yes it probably is and for several reasons however THE only problem I'm having is these E2i directories being left over and an online flash and rebuild really does seem like an overkill especially when somebody who knows Linux / zGemma's could possibly just say "Oh you can remove those directories just like this..."

That version of e2iplayer is 2yrs old and your box image will be way outdated reflash with an uptodate image if you have usb/hdd mounted and initialised then run the command prompt for grog free range

'grog free range' ? (sorry.. confused)

-- Thanks for all your replies.. hopefully we'll find an easy solution! Keep them coming gents :-) --

Great idea.. I never thought to do that.. Although I did consider it maybe kinda overkill, but if it works, then all good!

UNFORTUNATELY it didn't work :-( I uninstalled it and re-downloaded it today.. When checking the mounts, all of those existing ones were present.. So I guess the uninstallation routine is kinda rubbish or maybe the uninstallation couldn't remove those directories (the same as myself)

Flashed OpenATV v6.2 in 2018 then Whooshbuild v10 - WB Config v3

Unmounted all mounts (Yellow key to delete as before) then rebooting box doen't remove the E2i's previously created directories :-(

Yes it probably is and for several reasons however THE only problem I'm having is these E2i directories being left over and an online flash and rebuild really does seem like an overkill especially when somebody who knows Linux / zGemma's could possibly just say "Oh you can remove those directories just like this..."

'grog free range' ? (sorry.. confused)

-- Thanks for all your replies.. hopefully we'll find an easy solution! Keep them coming gents :-) --
Follow this guide and will have grog free range on your box GrogBuild - Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Appreciate that, it was a lot easier than I expected! AND now only got the two inputs on E2iStream which is what I was after all along..

THANK-YOU everyone who posted, I'm in your gratitude.
Not a problem mate that's what where all here for mate

Back