A Rant about shops………….

bonus2010

VIP Member

A Rant about shops………….

I really do dislike shopping today, hasn’t always been the case, but definitely now. I reckon it’s down to the following
changes introduced by many shops that I find completely irritating: -

Playing Music in shops and shopping malls
Not just a nice gentle relaxing tempo of a classical type, but usually always a loud screaming female vocalist. So sore on the ears.

Checkout Assistants
*Asking if I want a bag, despite planking my own lifetime carrier bags on the counter. It’s not as if the bags the shop supplies
are free, a charge dictated by our government supposedly to save the environment is demanded. Surely message hasn’t got to the retailer yet
though that they’re wanting to do to the hard sell on plastic carrier bags.

*Asking if its cash or card before I’ve even packed my own bag. It’s like saying get a hurry on there! Lol

*Asking if I want to buy this nearly out of date chocolate that they have sitting on the counter.. lol

I suppose I shouldn’t crumble too much, having the good fortune to be able to avoid most shopping locally
by using online national companies instead, like Amazon.

Just wear ear defenders I do love going to my hairdressers tho as they always play bassline quite loud so I'm not fussed.
Same with any shop if they play music so be it especially when you bellow words out doing your weekly shop:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I rarely go to supermarkets only corner shop if need to.

But where need to go to supermarkets I go 10 minutes before closing time and its fekking dead quiet and peaceful :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Mate go during day and bellow out songs there playing what's up with you.
Will get you ready for when x factor starts or neighbourhood karaoke day pmsl

Mate go during day and bellow out songs there playing what's up with you.
Will get you ready for when x factor starts or neighbourhood karaoke day pmsl

Not my thing lol

Would never go during the day with how busy they are with people.

Found any time gone just before closing time only couple of people there and dont need to rush also lol.

Why bother £6.00 gives you free deliveries for 1 month from Ocado and Morrisons and probably most other supermarkets. I have not been shopping since l stopped driving 4 yrs ago.

Yes its a good option.

But have had few deliveries in first lockdown and when comes to fruit and veg they didnt seem fresh at all and seemed they just quickly picked whatever they could find.

Whereas I make sure if I go that I get fruit and veg which seems fresh even if takes a bit extra time.

Just wear ear defenders I do love going to my hairdressers tho as they always play bassline quite loud so I'm not fussed.
Same with any shop if they play music so be it especially when you bellow words out doing your weekly shop:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have tried the yellow spongey type ear defenders but they still don't drown out the noise very well. I've got the industrial ear defenders, but honestly I'm bad enough
with wearing my welder's visor lol

I rarely go to supermarkets only corner shop if need to.

But where need to go to supermarkets I go 10 minutes before closing time and its fekking dead quiet and peaceful :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It's a good idea to go just before closing to avoid the noise, but only trouble is most things I want are usually sold out at this time, like fresh rolls

I have tried the yellow spongey type ear defenders but they still don't drown out the noise very well. I've got the industrial ear defenders, but honestly I'm bad enough
with wearing my welder's visor lol

I havent really noticed music being played tbh or maybe I havent taken notice I dont know lol.

I havent really noticed music being played tbh or maybe I havent taken notice I dont know lol.

Maybe its not quite so bad where you are. I've found ASDA and Morrisons to be the worst for playing music loud
Don't bother shopping with them anymore and use Lidl, they don't play music.

The downside being with Lidl they don't have self service, and I have to endure having my shopping thrown at me at the checkout (I'm not joking here lol)

Maybe its not quite so bad where you are. I've found ASDA and Morrisons to be the worst for playing music loud

The downside being with Lidl they don't have self service, and I have to endure having my shopping thrown at me at the checkout (I'm not joking here lol)

If was me I would politely ask them to handle my shopping carefully especially if you have food items and remind them you have paid for these items so dont expect them to be handled incorrectly.

Dont go to either tbh. Find sainsburys best for me as thats main supermarket here. I have morrisons and marks but have 3 sainsburys in space of less than 10 minutes distance lol.

I stopped using Lidl for that very reason - theyre in such a rush to get you out they chuck the stuff at you so you have to pack the stuff like a ******* to stop it piling up. Then when youve paid, they just look at you as if to say 'yeah, eff off now'.

I cant drive for another 3 weeks and ordered on friday for a slot this afternoon tuesday.

Delivery came earlier but it went next door :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: not mine.

Mine came 2 hours later before my slot.

Reactions: pdw
Yes its a good option.

But have had few deliveries in first lockdown and when comes to fruit and veg they didnt seem fresh at all and seemed they just quickly picked whatever they could find.

Whereas I make sure if I go that I get fruit and veg which seems fresh even if takes a bit extra time.
Being on my own i found buying fresh fruit and veg was a waste for me, so l bought another freezer and it lives in the shed for frozen veg and frozen ready meals from wiltshire farm foods when l can't be arsed cooking. Fruit is tinned

Back