A real headscratcher!

Anst11

Hi all and thanks in advance if anyone can help.....

Trying to hook up a v8s to my 80cm dish pointing at Astra 19.2e. On an old and hard to navigate digibox (Thomson - bought in France with connected TNT sat card installed) we got lots of French and german fta but missing a few German ones we wanted to watch such as rtl and vox. The Thomson box was also quite old and slow so I connected up my old v8s to try and get these few German channels which should be showing up on Astra and have a faster easier box to use also.

When did a full scan for fta channels it gave me loads more German channels which we didn't get before but zero French ones. I did some digging on tinterweb and related the problem to the Thomson box being "hardwired" so to speak for French channels and the TNT package (correct?) With this in mind I then got a few test lines for Astra. 2 of the 4 lines show online and indeed again, after a full scan some French ones began to work (albeit a delay of some 20/30 seconds) and loads more tv channels appeared I haven't seen before. The German ones we were after work but some French channels are scrambled or not showing on epg such as tf1 and f5.

Im making progress but just wondering if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong to get all French and German channels to play ball and just work in harmony!

Incidentally out of interest I did put the tntsat card in the v8s slot and it made no difference unlesss I forgot to acivate it or something?

Anyone got any ideas as to what's going on???

Any help would be much appreciated.

Back