ABM issue? Some of deleted ch's keep coming back

norb

Hi
I have posted my issue on two other separate threads but as they were not specific to ABM with Sat I thought to open this one, thanks to dsayers2014 and

I have been now few days playing around with my Zgemma H9S, OpenATV 6.3 and Whooshbuild, this my first Linux Receiver as I come from non Linux boxes I am getting a grasp on features and configuration.

The issue I am having is that the channel list I initially exported from device with E-Channelizer is always altered with some channels I have already deleted few times and this seem to happen every time I boot the device.
To eliminate all possibilities I have deleted all ABM I can possibly see in the plugins although I am not convinced as in the ABM section of the settings file under \etc\enigma2 I still see a line saying that the ABM is enabled:
config.autobouquetsmaker.extensions=true
config.autobouquetsmaker.keepallbouquets=false
config.autobouquetsmaker.level=expert
config.autobouquetsmaker.markersinindex=true
config.autobouquetsmaker.nextscheduletime=0
config.autobouquetsmaker.placement=bottom
config.autobouquetsmaker.retry=30

I cannot see any other plugins that could possibly scan channels, I have uploaded my settings file as the plugins section is quiet extended to copy in this post.

I have not tested yet by changing the value from true to false under config.autobouquetsmaker.extensions but I found it strange that although I removed the default ABM plugin two days ago and rebooted the device few times, I still see some channels coming back in the box.

I still have things to test as at this point I am conviced that my saved E-Channelizer file, although has a defined channel list which I made by deleting probably 2000 and more channels, this is somehow importing some Boquets to the device which perhaps I did not delete when saving the channels with E-Channelizer.
I am still on the way to understand E-Channelizer well and trying to find other ways to manage Boquets and Channels.

There is a basic concept which I am yet to understand;
I might want to use Boquets to organize channels in categories but until now the geberal behaviour is not what I want.
Say for example I am going to keep RAI boquets but I dont want ceratin channels within that service, how do you actually stop these channels to come back while having the ABM active?

I

Thats a hard life your doing :fearscream:,running daily bouquets updates any channels you deleted will come back again if you keep running it.Years ago Dreambox edit was used to download your channel list which you modified and uploaded to box.Thinking if you ran as normal abm there is a section in there for your favourite list which does not change when update is run.You can hide sections you dont want .Others could add to see what you want or need to do .

ABM will create/update its bouquets as per programming. If you manually delete channels in ABM bouquets, ABM will put them back next time it runs.

You need to tell ABM which channels to delete using a custom mix file.

ABM will not alter non-ABM bouquets.

Wooshman changes one of the ABM files so that it runs on every restart. Ideally he should make it configurable.

This started to happen as soon as I saved my first channel list with E-Ch and I did not even have Woosh installed
I got to admit that so far I have been dragging along a misconception about what really Boquets are, I thought that Services where handled as Boquets. That large number of Boquets as I have been referring to so far where indeed Services. Abu Baniaz, this has actually cleared out my doubts as when I saved the Boquets as you suggested I then realized I see no Boquets in E-Ch as I actually I have none. I am going to send this to you shortly, if you could confirm that there's only channels.

So basically, if is not an ABM issue in dragging this channels down then what is it?

Abu Baniaz, how do I send this privately? I mean there is noting in that ch list but just in case I might need to send other stuff, just wanted to know.

Just
If you cannot attach to PM, upload somewhere and send me a PM with link.
Just done this, I was also thinking if you could have a look to the last saved ch list I made with E-Ch that I keep trying save to the device but then it gets messed up at every reboot.

Just for clarity: when you using a channel editor, saving the bouquets saves them on the PC. You have to send back to receiver after making your changes.

Just for clarity: when you using a channel editor, saving the bouquets saves them on the PC. You have to send back to receiver after making your changes.
Yes, this is what I nornally do and then at least after sometime the device has been rebooted it gets back some of the channels as you can see from two uploaded files, one contains the originals and the other is the one added by the decoder every time.

I just did this one more time, same thing, open e-channelizer, open lamedb file and write it to device with the up arrow on top right of e-ch.
Then read from device and it shows the correct number of channels (same as in the lamedb file)

After saving and then rebooting the device I will find after few minutes that some channels have been added but they not always the same one , they random. Just to be clear that this point when device is rebooted it shows the correct number of channels, is just after few minutes that I start to see these both in the channels list on tv and in e-channelizer.
Attached screenshot of e-ch showing the number of ch's fom lamdb file and the other after reading from device about 100 ch's added.

saved channels.PNGchannels added again.PNG

Attachments

• channels added again.PNG
    channels added again.PNG
    45.2 KB · Views: 0
Are you aware that Enigma2 has a background scanning function that is enabled by default? Services (channels) will be added whenever you lock onto a frequency. You can disable it if you want.

I have looked at "channel settings" you sent, you don't have any bouquets. You do have services for 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E. If you do not have LNBs pointing to these /have not scanned these, please say so.

Think of service/channels like pieces of paper.
A bouquet is a folder.
You put papers into the Maths, English, Geography folders so they are relevant/separate/easier to find.

I don't use E-Channlizer. You will have to read the manual on how to use it/wait for somoen to assist. I didn't receive any other bouquets from you.

Now even stranger, the channels that are normally Rai1,2 and 3 have changed name with the trasponder id

Are you aware that Enigma2 has a background scanning function that is enabled by default? Services (channels) will be added whenever you lock onto a frequency. You can disable it if you want.

I have looked at "channel settings" you sent, you don't have any bouquets. You do have services for 13E, 19.2E and 28.2E. If you do not have LNBs pointing to these /have not scanned these, please say so.

Think of service/channels like pieces of paper.
A bouquet is a folder.
You put papers into the Maths, English, Geography folders so they are relevant/separate/easier to find.

I don't use E-Channlizer. You will have to read the manual on how to use it/wait for somoen to assist. I didn't receive any other bouquets from you.
Not at all, I don't know how I have not seen this yet, probably because I would have expected to find something like this more in the reception settings other that in the usage & gui of wooshbuild.
Anyway, applied this yesterday and already made the difference, Sorry if I mislead this thread and the other by addressing this to ABM. Now I know what I am doing.
Thanks

People say wooshbuild/grogbuild, but those are useful customisations of an image. Be sure of what you are referring to.

Openvix image has the background scanning option in the miscellaneous settinsgs menu within "tuners and scanning". OpenATV and most other images still have it in the customize menu

So, you reckon that with this feature disabled, even if I reinstall ABM back I should not face this issue again?
I mean, can ABM's and EPG's managers download channels down not included in my channel list?

I don't understand what you are asking.

Also, Bouquets (whether manually made or made by plugins) and EPG are two separate things. "EPG managers" have nothing to do with bouquets.

I don't understand what you are asking.

Also, Bouquets (whether manually made or made by plugins) and EPG are two separate things. "EPG managers" have nothing to do with bouquets.
No worries, let's leave it here as the more question I make I might make more confusion that other.
I am happy to know now what the problem was and that by installing ABM again it wont pull channels down not included in my channel list.
I am happy with the fact that an ABM is simply a Category origanizer of the channels that are on my device.
Thanks

ABM will also bring in channels as specified in the SI tables on the satellite/terrestrial/cable transponders/frequencies you tell it to use.

It is not just an organiser.

Why don't you create bouquets instead of using the list that contains all services?

If that is the case, then I am going to need to do my homework with ABM as I actually want to use it at a certain point and thanks for warning me that ABM will indeed download channels if not configured correctly or according to my needs.

One more question here please,
I am still only using my channels list which I manage with E-Channelizer but I am unable to move channels on different positions on the list,
Is that possible and how do I do this?
I have also tried with DCC but nothing to do.

Back