WilloBuild ABM issue

dale1983

Not sure if this is build related but any help would be appreciated.

I've got willobuild 5.2 set up on 3 x h5.2tc boxes in my house, all flashed at the same time and all have exactly the same tuner and ABM settings.

On one of the boxes I'm getting "cannot read" data when I run a scan. The strange thing about it is that it doesn't happen all the time. Yesterday, when I got home from work, I noticed that some channels were missing, i ran a scan and it found only 108 channels, i ran a second scan and i then got the error. I tried for hours but had no joy. I gave it another go at 6.30am this morning and again the same problem, only to find that when I got home all channels had returned, so I assume the scheduled 7.03am scan worked ok after I had left for work.

Just tried a new scan and the same error occurred.

Like I said this doesn't happen all the time however I've noticed it has happened more frequently recently.

If 2 are fine and the other one has a problem scanning I would imagine it's more likely to be a cabling or connection issue.
Can you swap one of your good boxes with the bad one and see if the fault moves with it?
If the good one then has problems I would say it's definitely the cable or connector.

If 2 are fine and the other one has a problem scanning I would imagine it's more likely to be a cabling or connection issue.
Can you swap one of your good boxes with the bad one and see if the fault moves with it?
If the good one then has problems I would say it's definitely the cable or connector.
Yes that was my intial theory however I had a h2h connected to the same cable for past 12 months with no issues using willobuild 5.1
Swapping the boxes over was the next thing I was about to try. I'll get the kids to bed then give it a go.
Cheers Willo.

Back