ABM Issues with Virgin on Dual Tuner Boxes

xsi

Has anyone noticed issues with ABM recently with twin tuner reciievers ? Long story short, I have a Zgemma H5.2TC twin cable tuner reciever, runing OpenATV 6.2, ABM set to update bouquest every morning 4am.

This has been working fine for several months, about 3 days ago, I started getting missing channels , so I thought OK frequency change....tried a manual ABM scan

"fauled to tune virgin Uk on tuner C check configuration etc", so I checked all my config all OK checked my cabling all OK.

Tried a different reciever on the same feed Zgemma H2H single cable tuner, works fine no issues with ABM and virgin.

Reflashed with a clean image on the H5.2TC, no difference, went back to an old OpenATV 6.2 image from September just incase a recent updte caused the issue...still same issue.

So I thought....faulty cable tuner in the H5.2TC. Luckily I have a brand new in the box H3.2TC (a different model reciever but still twin Hybrid DVBC/T tuner). Set this up with the latest OpenATV 6.2 nightly and ABM,... Same problem...will not tune on the cable tuner..

Very unlikely I've got 2 different boxes with exactly the same fault , when one boxc is brand new out of the box. Is there a new default frequency in my Virgin area that is causing the tuning failures ? But if so why is it omnly affecting dual tuner recievers ?

I had the exact same thing back in Jan 18. After eliminating all the obvious issues, cables, connections and re flashing it did turn out to be a frequency change. To this day I still don't know why it became an issue with my H52TC before it appeared on the H2H.

I had the exact same thing back in Jan 18. After eliminating all the obvious issues, cables, connections and re flashing it did turn out to be a frequency change. To this day I still don't know why it became an issue with my H52TC before it appeared on the H2H.

Cheers ! I guess im in the realms of plugging in my legit VM box and checking the frequency in engineers menu to find out whats going on ! Or wait for ABM to update their config files if it is a legit frequuency change, or im really unluck amnd have 2 boxes wioth failed dvbc tuners

Last edited:
Couple of things to try:

1. menu -> Setup -> service Searching -> Manual scan and scan Tuner C - does it detect any channels ?
2. if step 1 fails then go to tuner config >tuner C and make sure your net id is set correctly, if it is then disable the tuner and test abm scan, if you had to set the net id then retry step 1.
3. If step 1 found channels exit back as far as the Service Searching menu and then select Autobouquets Maker -> Update Provider/config files. If they update then try running a scan.

I believe I have fixed the issue for my particular case, I discovered from a legit box that my frequency was "411" and I needed "QAM 256", symbol rate 6952.
If I run a manual scan on my Zgemma using the above setting I find channels. So I looked at the ABM config file in the location below:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/providers

I edited the file : cable_uk_virgin.xml

I changed the settings in the above file on the line for my net id to match the above(the file had the wrong sttings they must have chnaged), the important bit is in the modulation field it will be "3" this is because ABM uses QAM64 by default, I read the documentation and found out changing modulation to "5" is QAM256.

saved the file uploaded it back the box, restarted the box, Ran a ABM scan...and Boom...back in business .. In short it looks like virgin may have stopped usong the QAM64 settings in my area and swithced to QAM256 and a different frequency/symbol rate. ABM config files have not been updated for my NET ID yet.

PHEW....My H5.2TC is not faulty after all....Nor is the H3.2TC I bet, I will test shortly on that box !

Where did you find that info on a legit box pal ?

In the engineers menu, if you have a tiVo box power up the box while holding down the up and down arrow buttons on the front panel. Kepe them held during in bootup and you will be in the engineers menu. The settings are shown on the first page.

@grog68 done all that and ABM still wont scan even tried disabling tuner C but then I get the same message about tuner b, uninstalled ABM reinstalled it and still the same

@grog68 done all that and ABM still wont scan even tried disabling tuner C but then I get the same message about tuner b, uninstalled ABM reinstalled it and still the same
see if you go into wer fav list is or lastscanned folder all channels in there till abm fix it

Having same issues disabled tuner C and ran ABM got the same failed on tuner B
The channels I’m missing are BBC1 and ITV both HD, both showing SNR 0%, not a major issue as have H52TC with both cable and Sat connected
I’m in manchester ID 41066
now am I right in thinking ABM will update there end and this will then be resolved on the auto nightly scan eventually?

Yeah seen it Grog, but not read through it all, I tried updating Abm and so on before I came on here but had no luck, so thought I would look onhere
I’m not confident messing with the files on the box, so was hoping ABM will rectify the issue, which if I’m not mistaken will happen
Just updated ABM config files again run a scan and channels are back, if you have this issue and your not confident FTP and messing with the files on your box, keep checking ABM config files for update then run manual scan.....job done

Back