Absolute beginner setup for zgemma H7S

tom1ie

Hi all,
I have bought a zgemma H7S and I’m trying to understand the basics and to get the most out of the H7.
I’ve never had an enigma box before so this is all new.
At the moment my setup is an old sky dish (10 yers old approx) with a quad core LNB.
I have the original two wires coming from the lnb to the back of the H7 which allows me to watch one channel while recording another.
I have an indoor aerial which I will be upgrading to an outdoor) that gets me saorview- the Irish free channels.
I have only just hooked up the Ethernet today to the box.
I dont know what skin I’m using- I think it’s sky blue? How do I find this out?
Also i have a fire stick with IPTV on it- can I do this on the H7S?
thanks folks.

Hi all,
I have bought a zgemma H7S and I’m trying to understand the basics and to get the most out of the H7.
I’ve never had an enigma box before so this is all new.
At the moment my setup is an old sky dish (10 yers old approx) with a quad core LNB.
I have the original two wires coming from the lnb to the back of the H7 which allows me to watch one channel while recording another.
I have an indoor aerial which I will be upgrading to an outdoor) that gets me saorview- the Irish free channels.
I have only just hooked up the Ethernet today to the box.
I dont know what skin I’m using- I think it’s sky blue? How do I find this out?
Also i have a fire stick with IPTV on it- can I do this on the H7S?
thanks folks.
Yes you can add iptv to your Zgemma if your provider supports it.
For skin I think it’s menu then info then info panel.
I haven’t touched a zgemma in a few year so I could be wrong but other members who still use them will be best to advise about skin ect bud

Thanks bazcfc1

So I went to menu>information>about and the window says
”Virtuosso image xtreme”
which I presume is openvix?

then is says:
skin: Blue HD (1280x720)
‘Is this the skin of choice for most users or do posters recommend a different skin?

Thanks bazcfc1

So I went to menu>information>about and the window says
”Virtuosso image xtreme”
which I presume is openvix?

then is says:
skin: Blue HD (1280x720)
‘Is this the skin of choice for most users or do posters recommend a different skin?
You can use any skin you want really as most builds come with a selection of images to choose from

Yes but there's newer Vix images than that.
Ok and these newer versions would have more features or be more stable?
When I pressed the yellow button on the remote which is for software update I got a message saying
openvix 5.4.016 is the last of the 5.4 series there are no more updates to the 5.4 images.
6.0 and 6.1 are python3 based

Menu - setup -Vix - image manager. Download the latest image and flash it to a spare slot
Ok I’ve done that and I get a message saying select an image to flash but there’s just a blank blue screen.
Do I have to press the yellow button for downloads first>wait for image to download>then select it?
Theres also a green button option for new backup?
Also the address is Device:/media/hdd/free space 397740MB- I presume this is where the image is saved to as opposed to the flash memory of the box itself?

If your just wanting to have IPTV on your box then upgrading to the VIX 6.2/6.3 or Willows build based on Vix is the way to go.

Ok I’ve done that and I get a message saying select an image to flash but there’s just a blank blue screen.
Do I have to press the yellow button for downloads first>wait for image to download>then select it?
Theres also a green button option for new backup?
Also the address is Device:/media/hdd/free space 397740MB- I presume this is where the image is saved to as opposed to the flash memory of the box itself?
Yellow to download a image yes but youll need removable storage to do this a mounted usb stick or a HDD.

If your just wanting to have IPTV on your box then upgrading to the VIX 6.2/6.3 or Willows build based on Vix is the way to go.
I also want the saorview and Astra satellite channels as well for when the IPTV is a little……glitchy ☺️

Back