absolute mugs guide!!!

cbk1006

Hi, Im looking for an idiots guide for Zgemma hs2 . im running it off sky. Ive gotten as far as putting the test lines on or not putting them on , spent 4 hours with a VET who didn't seem to realize that i dont know my .list form my .dat, need some help getting codes from my emails into the box!!

Hi, Im looking for an idiots guide for Zgemma hs2 . im running it off sky. Ive gotten as far as putting the test lines on or not putting them on , spent 4 hours with a VET who didn't seem to realize that i dont know my .list form my .dat, need some help getting codes from my emails into the box!!

Cant you just copy and paste the line and enter into the file as stated on the build your using, if its newcamd.list it will begin CWS = line

Also depending on image if using vix go to tspanel
Fileexplorer
Usr
Keys
Then if line is newcamd (n) go to newcamdlist
Edit details already there with your test line
When done save details
Go to sky one
Press blue
Softcam
Mgcamd
Press yellow to restart
Tv should come on

So, have you gone through the tutorial from the start and are stuck at the point of transferring your line onto the box?

I tried wooshbuild got my line accross first go folowing this info and using the bat file.

6. Transfer your Line for All channel access - Zgemma H2S & H2H ONLY

Important Note: It is never advised to blindly click on batch files (.bat) when you don't know what they will do. This batch file is safe but if you don't want to do it this way, please download a free ftp client such as Filezilla and then follow Kiddac's guide on how to transfer your line using FTP.

Looking in the folder you created on your desktop at the beginning of this guide, there is a folder called "Put your line on Box". This folder contains everything you need to automatically transfer your line onto the box to allow full channel access.

1. Place either the cccamd.cfg file or newcamd.list file that your provider sent you in to THIS folder. Overwrite any existing files if it asks.

WooshBuild v2 - H2S & H2H OpenATV 5.1 Image-linebat-1-.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you only received your line details in an email, this bit tells you which file to open and paste your line details into:

If the details you were sent look something like:

N: speed5411.server.org 18000 username pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
or
C: speed5411.server.org 18000 username pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

You need to open the CCcam.cfg file, paste your details in and then save the file

If the details you were sent look something ilke:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = quickness.server.net 56845 username pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 lan server1

You need to open the newcamd.list file, paste your details in and save the file.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Double Click the Line_installer.bat file. This will FTP your details directly to the correct place.

UPDATE: At his point Windows may display a Windows Firewall window asking you to allow or deny access. You need to click the "Allow Access" button. This basically lets the Windows FTP program access to the network. Failing to Allow Access will result in no files being transferred to your box and you will have to manually transfer the files.

You will now see a black window looking at you. The final message tells you that if you don't see any errors, everything has worked and you can close the window. So go on, close the window if there were no errors. If there were errors, take a screen shot and post it in this help so we can help.

3. Now Complete the following steps:

3a. Select Channel Sky1 via your EPG and go full screen - Your screen will be blank

3b. Press the Menu button -> Info Panel -> SoftcamPanel

You will arrive at a screen with "Select Cam 1" Highlighted.
The type of file you were sent by your supplier determines what you do next.

If your file is a "newcamd.list"
Press the left arrow button to change "Select Cam 1" to read mgcamd_1.38r1

If your file is a "cccamd.list" or a "CCcam.cfg" file
Press the right arrow button to change "Select Cam 1" to read CCcam 2.3.0

Press Green button - You may get a Info Message appear on the screen for 5 seconds.
(If the black mini TV screen does not start to show Sky 1, go back and change "Select Cam 1" to the different option and press the green button again.

You should now be able to watch Sky channels.

WooshBuild v2 - H2S & H2H OpenATV 5.1 Image-1_0_1_1656_7e5_2_11a0000_0_0_0-1-.jpg

Press the exit button 3 times to return to the TV.

I tried WooshBuild got my line across first go following this info and using the bat file.
:take bow:

Sadly the line transfer is not guaranteed to work on all networks, I have seen a few where it hasn't worked.

The next easiest step is to download the plugin Dream Explorer and use that to copy your details into either cccam.cfg or newcamd.list. The WooshBuild H2S thread has instructions from Beni on how to do it manually.

Last edited:
i would like to thank EVERYONE for taking the time to help me out, was really frustrated, I made an AR*E of it by having my network hidden, up and running now, I do have info missing from my epg though!

i would like to thank EVERYONE for taking the time to help me out, was really frustrated, I made an AR*E of it by having my network hidden, up and running now, I do have info missing from my epg though!

From TV Screen

Green Button -> CrossEPG

It will now update your EPG. You should have setup the location in step 4 or 5 of the destructions.

Oh my God, my H2s arrived today and im reading as many posts as possible before turning the bugger on. 50 year old trying to understand the tech talk. The next few days will be very interesting. Wife thinks im mad, she'll change her tune when i dump SLY and save £50 a month, I hope.

At the top of the zgemma s2 forum there is my bare bones guide. In that there is a glossary of terminology for people new to the game. Have a read and all will become clear ;)

Oh my God, my H2s arrived today and im reading as many posts as possible before turning the bugger on. 50 year old trying to understand the tech talk. The next few days will be very interesting. Wife thinks im mad, she'll change her tune when i dump SLY and save £50 a month, I hope.

How you getting on with your box??

Like others I am also a complete novice and don't know what the terminology means , So I was pleased to see there is a guide to it all . Only thing is I have looked around the ZGemma menu and cant find it , cant find an S2 area, can you give me a pointer please.

Back