access Webif issue, strange IP conflict

dinje

Strange one this. I try to access Webif 192.168.1.139 (this is the ip of the Bedroom box i am trying to connect to) from browser, and it keeps coming up with this:
Sign In
RT-N66U
Sign in with your ASUS router account

When i access my Webif 192.168.1.153 located in living room, it connects fine.

Not had a problem before, it always went straight into Webif from web browser. I cant connect to the box ip via ftp or DCC either?

I have a asus router connected to VM router which is in modem mode only. this asus router then goes to another router which is another ASUS, i am connected to this one on my laptop. This has all worked fine previously.

I cant remember my password to the ASUS so cant sign into it, when Webif direct to it.

Any ideas, i dont really want to reset the router to factory defaults to reset password, as everything else is working ok, only when i connect to this ip.

Hmm i did have ExpressVPN installed (switched off) which knocked out all my LAN server and drives, so good point, i will uninstall it now.

Spoke to soon, tried accessing that ip with dcc it went in for a few seconds, then it disconnected me. Tried webif again, and it sends me back to router login page.

Try taking vm router out of modem mode and trying that way has ip address changed if disconnected vpn

hmm.I turned of the firewall and just rebooted again, and it worked fine for a few seconds, then something kicks in and blocks it.

Its the router mate Vpn needs to be off then turn router off for three minutes and device! Then turn router on then once router kicked in then device! Also restart what ever your using to connect to webif.

Its the router mate Vpn needs to be off then turn router off for three minutes and device! Then turn router on then once router kicked in then device! Also restart what ever your using to connect to webif.

I'll turn the router off and try that. (the VPN has been un-installed now) you watch everyone start screaming....lol

NP bazcfc1

Also I just realised that the ASUS router web page that keeps popping up, is not the one the box is even connected to, its connected to the main asus router in the living room.
I will have to try again tomorrow, thanks guys.

Just an update guys, it was an IP conflict. The router had the same IP as the box, so changed its IP, and working fine.

Back