accident can anyone help?

does the box boot up still? if so can't you go to software manager and flash local and browse to the image stored on usb? I can't remember exact steps off hand and not in front of box.

You normally get into a bootloop. He should still be able to connect to box using terminal

init 4
enigma2

That will stop the process with offending file. Just has to replace it/them with official files to get it to boot. But all a wasted effort if he just wants to flash it.

Download image, extract it, transfer to box (or transfer to device and connect to box) You dont have to faff about with having fat32 filesystem or a USB device that he bootloader agrees with
init 4
ofgwrite -r -k /folder_of_unzipped_image

Anyway, the chain of advice to persevere and flash by USB. So let's that process complete.

Use Parted Magic on Linux and delete the partition and recreate a Fat32 partition.
Zgemmas seem to disable the bootable option on flash drives if you start the box with the flash drive still inserted.
I find Gparted easier, more simple if you like,
And do as above, delete the whole partition, and any others that have been created, and format to FAT32

Use Parted Magic on Linux and delete the partition and recreate a Fat32 partition.
Zgemmas seem to disable the bootable option on flash drives if you start the box with the flash drive still inserted.
Many thanks to all, I finally got it sorted I put the unit on my bench and started from scratch and eventually got it loaded with atv 6.4 so I can now set all up many thanks to all for the help

hell. got the dreaded loop. on the box
the only way is NEW image of different brands builds. I went openpli 8gb usb excepted , great off the loop saved the box:
now loaded up same usb 8gb. with openatv 7,2 excepted after four fives goes procedures {eventually picked up usb} NOW what?!!!! wooshbuild feccked grog ?? advice please oh and terminal back on 7,2 openatv thanks to xsony for advice past on flashing with different images. WORKS

COULD flash online from box to 6,4. ??? or leave and use jedistream and extremity. again ??? advice way to go

hell. got the dreaded loop. on the box
the only way is NEW image of different brands builds. I went openpli 8gb usb excepted , great off the loop saved the box:
now loaded up same usb 8gb. with openatv 7,2 excepted after four fives goes procedures {eventually picked up usb} NOW what?!!!! wooshbuild feccked grog ?? advice please oh and terminal back on 7,2 openatv thanks to xsony for advice past on flashing with different images. WORKS
No idea what the box is or what you want to achieve.
Wooshbuild and Grogbuild won't work on atv 7.2 so you either have 6.4 if you want to use those builds or stay with atv 7.2

hi thanks 4 reply. vu duo2 box. suggest load up from plugins. Jedi &extemity which. was reasonably happy with 6.4 but new image ?? don't want another fecked up mess. thanks

new image 7,2 with Jedi & extremity : or backwards to 6.4 and wooshbuild or grog build. just want the right choice not that computer savvy

Jedimaker and xtreamity will work on 7.2 or 6.4 so it's up to you.
Obviously 7.2 is more modern than 6.4.

You can't make a mess of enigma2 boxes, they either work the way you want or they don't and you flash them again, flashing takes 20 minutes

Back