adding external HHd to new box

deanmitch

I used to be quite ok with sorting the boxes out installing images etc , but two years of trouble free service and now I need a new box, forgot so much :(so how can I make this new box recognise the old HDD without wiping it clean, or can I at all ? it ?
dean.m

hi d
thanks for reply, I am trying to load the HDD on the image from the box ( open atv)and it wont let me , without initialising, may try putting another image on then try mounting

press the red button on remote and select plugins -> mount Manager and make sure it is mounted on /media/hdd

cheers guys, sorted kinda, put wooshbuild on new box all good, HDD mounted etc , but cant get it to restore my back up from S2 so will start from fresh and put new x treme editor ipk on it ,thanks, its coming back slowly :)

Last edited:
come back here to just say after 2 +years of faultless use the S2 dies as above, it took me a good 48 hrs to get my head round the set up etc to get back to were I was before the S2 packed in with the mew H5.2S, thanks for the help & info on here , and thanks to woosh for the image , eventually got it to download , persistence pays ,cheers dean.m

Just wondering, :emoji_thinking: has anyone had any trouble with trying to use a hard drive or USB pen after mounting with a zgemma box. Are the Hard Drives or USB Pens impossible to use on a PC after this? I have a couple of USB pens that were mounted on a Zgemma and no matter what I try I cannot get my PC to recognize them.
Anyone have any suggestions please?

Just wondering, :emoji_thinking: has anyone had any trouble with trying to use a hard drive or USB pen after mounting with a zgemma box. Are the Hard Drives or USB Pens impossible to use on a PC after this? I have a couple of USB pens that were mounted on a Zgemma and no matter what I try I cannot get my PC to recognize them.
the zgemma and all enigma2 boxes format the usb stick/hdd using ext 3 or 4, windows can't read these as windows uses fat 32 or ntfs. If you want to read whats on the usb device, leave it connected to your box and then on the pc use network browser to browse to the hdd on your box.

the zgemma and all enigma2 boxes format the usb stick/hdd using ext 3 or 4, windows can't read these as windows uses fat 32 or ntfs. If you want to read whats on the usb device, leave it connected to your box and then on the pc use network browser to browse to the hdd on your box.
Thanks Grog, but I was wondering about re-formatting it to use on a PC. Do you, or anyone know if this is possible or are they unusable ever again.....

you mean to repurpose them?, seem to remember you will need to do a low level reformat
dean.m

Use 3rd party software like MiniTool Partition Wizard.
You have to delete the existing partitions and create a new primary Fat32 or NTFS partition.

Back