Advent notebook wifi issue

nickyd186

TK Veteran
I have a old advent notebook withe windows 10 on it all of a sudden it won't detect any wifi connections available in yhe bottom right hand corner of home screen I've got a square box with a red cross on it when highlightEd it says not connected no connections available and when clicked on all that comes up is airplane mode but you cant select or unselect it either

did you try rebooting box and router to see if it then connects?

also had issues with my wifi freezing so ran crap cleaner and malwarebytes with found issues now running better.

malwarebytes found my issues,it could be a wifi issue on laptop and having to use a lan cable to connect.

Have a look on the top row of the keyboard for a little wifi symbol, mine's on f12. Pressing it toggles the wifi adapter on and off.

Cheers systemload yeah mines fn and f3 but no joy trying it that way? Only thing I've done new recently was add mcafree could that cause the issue?

Try going into device manager and deleting the wifi adaptor and then scan for hardware changes, it may be listed under an unknown device but do the same.

Back