Advice in regards to second box running from splitter?

channelking

Guys I really hope you can help I'm just stressed ATM in regards to a few things.

I may get a second box for another room but want to know how do I go about having cable running on it?

Do I need a live feed in the second room?

Can I run second box from splitter if so how?

There seems different methods to get cable in another room but not sure which is right method.

Hope anyone can help.

every time you split a signal it gets weaker,what strength signal is showing on your box at the moment ,might need to press ok x2.
right method in getting cable to other rooms can vary what size drill bit you got if having to drill a few walls?

called a 3 way splitter

u can get hdu splitters where your signal stays the same after split mate message me back ive got cable and can get u real splitter also tap the wall if new house most can use screwdriver no drill needed

Last edited:
every time you split a signal it gets weaker,what strength signal is showing on your box at the moment ,might need to press ok x2.
right method in getting cable to other rooms can vary what size drill bit you got if having to drill a few walls?

called a 3 way splitter

Thats the thing mate both SNR and AGC go up and down.

Thats what I fear if I use a bigger splitter then I will lose more signal thus making it more weaker meaning alot of problems.

Can I take the coax cable for second box from a 3 way splitter outside and then bring it in instead of doing it internally?

---------- Post Merged at 10:36 PM ----------

u can get hdu splitters where your signal stays the same after split mate message me back ive got cable and can get u real splitter also tap the wall if new house most can use screwdriver no drill needed

Whats hdu splitters mate?

Im really confused now. I thought ALL splitters gave signal loss?

I thought all splitters were same.

One I got now was part of splitter kit. Not sure how much signal I have lost compared to without splitter.

what do u have down stairs and upstairs must be cable going to upstairs if 3 way splitter going in box outside

No I have normal setup ATM inside with two way splitter, but as I want to run a second box in another room I need a long coax cable and I can't run it inside as it will be messy. That's why I asked can I drill holes and take it outside and then bring it inside? I don't know what other way I have to run second box. I know you have to pay for second live feed if I went that way.I'm so lost now.

i don't know what you mean mate.

I don't have box upstairs just downstairs.

I only have 2 way splitter.

Yiu still haven't told me about HDU splitter.

Back