advice on box required

djje

Hi everyone. I have moved house. my old box zgemma h2s doesnt work. I have since found out that the satellite dish (lnb) has been changed previously by the previous owner for sky Q. So, my question is, is there a box available which can deal with wideband and record 4 channels or more at once. Then effectively I can use it like a freesat box because I believe not all free channels are on freesat which I just learned.

Thanks in advance.

thanks. can you share a link for the unicable lnb and the cost of it to see if it is worthwhile

thanks. which one do I need? and how easy is it to change over?

1620226885209.png

Attachments

• 1620226853175.png
    1620226853175.png
    565.9 KB · Views: 5
The first one will do and you'll need a splitter and lnb adapter. There is info in the thread I linked to.

The first one will do and you'll need a splitter and lnb adapter. There is info in the thread I linked to.
HI Willo. I never got a new box as been renovating my house for the last year.

Would you still recommend these boxes? My tv is HD but dont think its 4K, so is this the equivalent but not 4K Gigablue HD X2 or would there be any other non 4K box you would recommend?

Thanks

HI Willo. I never got a new box as been renovating my house for the last year.

Would you still recommend these boxes? My tv is HD but dont think its 4K, so is this the equivalent but not 4K Gigablue HD X2 or would there be any other non 4K box you would recommend?

Thanks
If you're going to be putting IPTV on your box then you will need a 4k box, it will still work on a non 4k tv just won't play 4k content

If you're going to be putting IPTV on your box then you will need a 4k box, it will still work on a non 4k tv just won't play 4k content

Hi Grog. thanks for your reply. I was only looking for a box which gets the free satellite channels. Not a fan of IPTV always seem to be problematic when I had it a few years ago.
Do we know if we are any nearer getting the dark channels back? Not got a clue whats been going on for the last year or so?

Thanks

Hi Grog. thanks for your reply. I was only looking for a box which gets the free satellite channels. Not a fan of IPTV always seem to be problematic when I had it a few years ago.
Do we know if we are any nearer getting the dark channels back? Not got a clue whats been going on for the last year or so?

Thanks
i would forget about the dark channels, they seem to come for a short while then go off again.

IPTV is far better than it was a couple of years ago, since demand has increased so has the quality if you ask me.

Back