Aerial Sky+HD

Gadgetlad

I have 2 aerials coming from my skydish to my sky+hd box, Is it possible to connect only 1 of them to the the +box and 1 to my f5s so that I do not need to disconnect and plug 1 to my f5s when I want to use it.

Would be so much easier to just have an aerial in both and just change the channel.

It would seem that when ever I disconnect 1 aerial from +hd box the picture, surely it`s possible just to use 1 ? Im not bothered about recording etc

You mean satellite cables from the LNB, but yes you only need 2 to watch / record from different transponders. Viewing needs a single connection only. Make sure you change the setting in the plus box to single feed as not to disrupt any planned recordings

ahhahahaahahahha tv Aerial :)

u wont get record one watch one on the sky box as well as you may get the no signal problem when a skybox and (skybox ) is connected that has been posted on the site many times

Brilliant mate, do you mean by changing to single feed, that it will still record programs, with 1 satellite cable connected ?

Yes you can, setting it to single means that you cannot watch one channel and record another at the same time (unless on same transponder) and it means the plus box will automatically change to the channel to be recorded and warn you that it is recording if you try and change over.

Hi...
satman I didn't say tv aerial I said aerial and I am a beginner with the skyboxes, you may be very knowledgeable with these, I for sure would appreciate some of that knowledge and help from you on future posts instead of reading ( this has been put in other posts/threads before ) It`s not very helpful cos I obviously aint seen it ? I have seen you writing this to other people also, getting to the stage where I know you are going to come back and write something that is not helpful on my posts.
All I am asking for is some help. Is that to much to ask?
Rant over.

try using correct words as you get to know them and what they do ,aerial refers to that wire thingy ma jig for picking up tv channels,sat dish and lnbs are used in the receiving of signals to your sat box.always daunting from the first steps forward.

technically the OP is correct in saying aerial as the below definition will explain :grin:

"a rod, wire, or other structure by which signals are transmitted or received as part of a radio or television transmission or receiving system."

but puts wrong image in your mind,now is that leading you up the garden path? or down the garden path ?

I've tried to get this working, got one lnb going into the sky+hd box and one into my cloud ibox. The ibox works fine but the sky hd box keeps showing error code 29 nno signal being received. All cables are in properly, any suggestions what I do next?

I cannot get my skybox to work with 1 sat cable, again my f5s works ok cause that only needs 1 for sure nut skyhd box does not work with 1, have to keep unplugging cable from f5s and putting back into skyhs box, its a real pain :-) if anyone can confirm what skyhd cable should be left in and how to get this to work that would be great :-)

your arsing around and problems will happen to do it right a twin tuner box needs 2 input cables and any single tuner boxes need 1 feed ,add more cables or increase size of lnb as needed,twin to quad or quad to octo,dont expect things to run sweetly if you do things different.

Nope, the sky hd box isn't getting a signal, as i have already said.

I think i'll unplug the cloud ibox and change the sky hd box back to dual feed and get it up and running again before changing it to single feed and reconnecting the lnb from dish input 2 on the sky hd box to the cloud ibox. I want to have sky hd on one hd output to record things and the cloud ibox on another hd output to watch sports and movies (although it's mostly kids tv these days)

CDizzle...does the Sky+ box show "no signal" all the time? If so, have you tried putting the cable thats currently in the Dish1 socket into the iBox to make sure it's working OK?

Are you trying to record something when the error code appears? If so, perhaps it's trying to record something on another channel to the one you are currently tuned to.

Yeah the no signal message shows all the time. The only thing that changes is the error number from 29 to 25 sometimes. Not trying to record anything as i can't get in to set up any recordings!

The ibox works fine with either wire as well so that's why i'm thinking it's the connection at the back of the sky hd box. I'll try the software update for the sky hd box as well (holding the back up button while powering on the box) and see if that makes any difference. No big deal if it doesn't work as i'm only looking so set up the sky hd box to record stuff from FTA channels for the other half.

Just had a closer look at the sat dish and cabling. There are 4 leads from the dish, 1 upstairs into the bedroom (where an f5s box is) and 3 downstairs. The 2 brown ones were installed when I got sky installed when we moved in so the other black one must have already been in place. I'll see if this one still works

---------- Post Merged at 07:34 PM ----------

Right so 2 out of the 3 lnb cables work in the cloud ibox, 1 black and 1 brown, but the sky hd box is still showing an error no signal message when either of these are connected up to it. Not sure what is going on, starting to think it might be a fault with the sky hd box

---------- Post Merged at 08:25 PM ----------

I give up, can't get a signal on the sky hd box at all

Back