After Installing Zgemma H5 broadband WiFi playing up & getting freezing & stuttering in Zgemaa

After Installing Zgemma H5 broadband WiFi playing up & getting freezing & stuttering in Zgemaa. My Virmin cable is coming in the building then getting split to upstairs &' downstairs then in downstairs getting split up into modem & cable box, I wanted to keep my Virmin box working as well as have Zgemma so I further split it up so Virmin & Zgemma both working. My Virmin box is working fine but Zgemma sitterss & freeze with signal % going up & down, at same time the WiFi started playing up. I think the power levels need adjusting. Do I need to buy those coaxial amplifiers with return path to solve this? What exact splitter should I use? I used the one I had extra from Virmin which doesn't show frequency range just input and out to cable & out to "modem" of course in using the out to "modem" in Virmin box & out to cable in Zgemma (broadband router is already getting a separate cable before this splitter). Please can someone help? Thanks

You've split it too many times.
You lose up to 40% of the signal each time you use a splitter and you have at least three amongst this lot.
That's using top quality splitters and cables, if you start introducing poor quality stuff into the equation, expect to lose a lot more of the signal.
You need a powered four way HDU if you intend using:
2 X zgemma
1 Tivo
1 Router
Even then you still need good quality cables

I have more splits than that so thats not the issue. I have 3 splitters in front room with no issues.

What splitters/cable are you using, you do need good quality splitters and cables.

I'm using very good quality splitters & cables are good qualityq uality,a from Virmin themselves. Please can you specify a splitter & I'll buy it to try, do these powered amplifier with return path actually work?

I'm using very good quality splitters & cables are good qualityq uality,a from Virmin themselves. Please can you specify a splitter & I'll buy it to try, do these powered amplifier with return path actually work?

yes powered splitters do work, but you seem to be having problems with the wifi/internet so you may want to pin this down first, the router takes presedence over everything else - because nothing will work without it.
From the single, incoming* virgin cable coming into the house, put one splitter in and 2 cables out to the router and one zgemma and see what it's like.
if it's ok, add a second splitter in place of the zgemma (make sure the router comes off splitter 1 at all times) and see if the second box works ok.
continue this until everything is connected and see what works and what doesn't, make sure the router comes from first splitter, irrelevant of how many boxes are running.

* unless you happen to be only the second person in the UK with two seperate incoming Virgin cables run into your house, or the first for that matter :LOL:

They are a waste of time and money in normal circumstances and they're not needed, but if using twelve splitters and fourteen zgemmas then yes they're needed.
for one router and one zgemma, total waste of time and money, like i said a few months ago

Your the boss you know :ROFLMAO:

Where did i say i was the boss?
i said there's no need for a HDU using a router and one box, the signal should be strong enough as it is, if it's not, it's up to VM to change it free of charge without spending money on a powered splitter.
obviously if you want to run lots of boxes off one cable then it's probably a good idea to boost the signal.
it's similar to running leccy to a shed from your house, one length of 2.5 isn't going to be enough to run four lathes, two electric cookers and lots of sockets as it just won't cope with the demand

Back