AGC 17% on Tuner B - is this an issue?

Marto69

Running OpenATV Wooshbuild 5.3
i helped set up a box for a friend a week back and he told me that when he was recording something the other evening, when he was scrolling through channels some would not work (showing 0% SNR on the info bar) and some would work. He was pretty sure this wasn't a FTA v encryption issue but more random than that.

I have been with him today and saw that his AGC on tuner B was 17% but on tuner A it was much higher. We swapped the satellite cables around expecting the AGC reading to move to Tuner A but it stayed as 17% on Tuner B - which puzzled me but I am no expert on this.

So I suppose I am wondering if the loss of picture on some channels will have been something to do with this 17% reading, and if so how can I improve it, as I THINK I can rule out issues with dish alignment and the connections.

Any insight/ideas would be much appreciated and also, if / when it happens again what troubleshooting steps he can take.

Many thanks in advance

Covered to death.
Please use the search and stop clogging the forum with unnecessary threads!
My box has AGC as zero on tuner B, never had an issue, and Ive personally seen another 2 boxes with zero, again no problems.
Been claimed to be a software bug on reporting the value on tuner B on other forums.

Last edited:
Back