Air Rifles

these are brave proper SAS rats. I'm waiting from a knock on the back door from one asking "Were's the poison ?? cracking jackbit that". My intension is to make the a buffet, a last supper a Plateau of their favorite midnight treats I might even part with some kebab meat if there's any left.
Then perch myself at the door at night and pop away till dirty limey's are sick of the lead. Will I kill them all ? no, but they'll know who's boss when I spike them on poles like in Predator. Sometimes you do things knowing you wont win but when you've done you'll feel better for it

We once had the same at work, loads of rats coming out of the fields on mass. Brave little fuc++rs. One lad left his pie in his desk. He came back in the next day and his pie was gone. They chewed through the floor of the portacabin then, climbed his desk and eat a hole in his desk draw and got their bootie. :ROFLMAO:

I had one in the garden trot past me
We once had the same at work, loads of rats coming out of the fields on mass. Brave little fuc++rs. One lad left his pie in his desk. He came back in the next day and his pie was gone. They chewed through the floor of the portacabin then, climbed his desk and eat a hole in his desk draw and got their bootie. :ROFLMAO:
I had one in the garden majestically stroll past me, paused as if to say
What you staring at you old f**kin trout"
Then happily carried on

They're invading housing estates because town/city centres aren't operating as normal.
A year ago they'd stay where the regular food supply was but that's gone, drunks dropping kebabs, chips and half eaten pizzas are now all at home.
They must have a food supply nearby.
Even though I don't put anything out like bird feeders etc they still come in looking for shelter/nesting sites under anything they can find.
I've finally sealed all holes under and through the fences and have started putting wax blocks down to see off the ones that are here.

Both German and US scientists developed a poison about ten years ago that would wipe the Rat population out in 10 to 15 years, it was a liquid solution, the germans tried it on female rats and it brought their litters down from around 10 to 3 or 4, then they decided to try it on males, and mated them with the females, of which none had any litters, the poison made the males sterile, the plan then was that they could introduce it into all the sewers in the main cities all over the world, of course it was then that all the animal rights groups got involved, ones wanting to protect the Rats, but there were lots of other groups pointing out that killing the Rat population off would affect lots of other wildlife like Foxes, Badgers, birds of prey, animals that use rats as their main food source, plans to try and kill them off was then shelved, a friend of my sons bought a property on the outskirts of Belfast about 5 or 6 years ago, house needed a lot of work done to it, which they did, nearest neighbours were 100 yards either way, so a quiet peaceful life ,which they happily enjoyed for a few years, then a main sewer pipe that ran alongside their house burst, despite the department of environment working to fix the pipes, the rats were getting out and it wasnt long before they found themselves a new cosy home, he was sitting watching racing on the tv one day, when he heard his wife scream the place down, he ran out to find her outside their utility room while she was trying to do some washing, two rats were playing about the room, they bit their way through from outside where the water pipes were, they ended up killing well over a hundred in only a few months, paid money to ferret keepers, men with rat killing dogs, put all sorts of poison down, killed lots more, but in the end they just became overrun with them, his mrs and kids had moved in with relatives some time before he then gave up and took up the advice given to him by almost everyone, he had to admit defeat in end, they were just breeding like wildfire, the whole thing got him fame on the local news channels, then a half hour documentary slot on BBC N-Ireland.

Rats need a minimum of 2 things
Food and water, preferably moving water
If they don't have one of these 2 basic things they will move.

Were I live there was an old smallish factory building Id say pre 1950's been demolished. So the big digger rolls in and with the bucket teeth lifted a large part of the concrete floor to snap it. As he did about 300-500 rats literally scattered everywhere but the main departure exit point for them was directly onto a main road and down the road towards town. Cars were swerving and God knows how many got ran over. Someone had a video I've tried to locate it but I can't find it. They said the nest was over 20ft sq a full community that must have been there since Adam.
The old owners said they were plagued with rats for as long as they were there employing every conceivable department to lower them but they just kept coming.
Then
I use to know this guy 25 + years ago , bit of a loon tbh always tinkering with shit. He made this rat poison form a combo of local stuff he had that, when the rat ate it they would slowly die. If they died anywhere nr their home the others would canniblise the dead rat then inturn they would die. I kid you not, f*ck knows what he put in it but it worked, whole nest nest could be wiped out in weeks. I then got talking to a m8 about rats few weeks back and he also knew the same guy. He says he's still going him you know !, he lives over the other side of town but not sure were I seen him not long back. I wish I knew were , probably in a mansion with his invention :)

Last edited:
Back