AJ KO'D IN SPARING BEFORE RUIZ FIGHT

bazcfc1

VIP Member
Anthony Joshua father wanted son OUT of Andy Ruiz bout after spar KO

Phil Jay 3. 6. 2019
Joshua down
Ed Mulholland
World Boxing News can reveal Anthony Joshua was indeed knocked out in sparring after being informed of happenings from the event.

On the back of journalist Gareth A. Davies previously speculating on the situation in the aftermath, WBN is now able to clarify those reports.

Joshua was put down badly in a training session, which was evident in marks on the former world champion’s face.

Physically Joshua would have been fine for fight night, although mentally whether the Briton was all there is in question.

New ruler Andy Ruiz Jr. was able to capitalize on what were obvious frailties in the Joshua psyche. The 30 year-old was out of sorts and questioning feeling off and fatigued in the corner between rounds.

Not taking anything away from Ruiz, though. The Mexican-American may well have taken Joshua out anyway. But big doubts need to be addressed as to why Joshua was allowed to fight when clearly not at one hundred percent mental capacity Those around AJ may have some explaining to do in the future as doubts creep in as to whether Joshua will lace up the gloves again in 2019.

Reports Joshua is not ready to accept a rematch with Ruiz have already begun. Furthermore, the 2012 Olympian potentially may want some extended time off.

FATHER
Promoter Eddie Hearn was even targeted for abuse by Joshua’s father inside the ring. Robert Joshua was spotted pointing and gesturing to Hearn as Ruiz spoke to DAZN reporters for his post-fight interview.

It’s understood by WBN that Robert wanted Anthony pulled from the contest after the incident in sparring. The fight continued as planned. It’s now evident all was not entirely well in the Joshua preparations.

A second fight with Ruiz is due to take place in November or December in the United Kingdom. Whether Joshua accepts the return is now a subject for debate.

With WBO and IBF mandatories set to be called in the near future, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Ruiz shares the ring with another competitor for his first defense of the titles. What do you guys think

Don't know but AJ dad was fuming in ring after fight and I can believe it as AJ didn't look the same as all his other fights

In my opinion Joshua didn’t look right from the off. When he first come into the ring and announcements was being made he was biting down on his gum shield and pushing his gum shield out his mouth,it just didn’t seem like him,he normally comes in smiling but something just didn’t look right before the fight started. Watch it back. I know he took some shots and was knocked down but in rounds 3and4 he was heavily breathing and blowing like mad. To me it just didn’t seem like him from the start. Not taking anything away from Ruiz as he came to fight and is a tuff tuff fighter and took some good shots himself

Joshua could have been drugged. Fighting a Mexican in the States anything could have happened. People need to look into the bookies lol Got El Chapo written all over it.

In my opinion Joshua didn’t look right from the off. When he first come into the ring and announcements was being made he was biting down on his gum shield and pushing his gum shield out his mouth,it just didn’t seem like him,he normally comes in smiling but something just didn’t look right before the fight started. Watch it back. I know he took some shots and was knocked down but in rounds 3and4 he was heavily breathing and blowing like mad. To me it just didn’t seem like him from the start. Not taking anything away from Ruiz as he came to fight and is a tuff tuff fighter and took some good shots himself
Can't take it away from ruiz but something Deffinatly shook him up before the fight and not like him to be gassed after 4 rounds klitchko hits harder than ruiz and he came through that hopefully rematch in UK November December time

Oh come on - what shape is the earth? If you fight a Colombian, you'll test positive for coke? Fight an irishman/woman, you'll test positive for Jameson?

I wouldn't fight either but I wouldn't mind 15 minutes with Katie T :love:
WRT AJ fight, it was a setup from start to finish - come on? - All this drivel released now is just trying to justify the fact he was leathered by a 25 stone Mexican blob.
Hearne lobbed him a million quid to go along with the farce, 'you'll be world champ and win all this money, then later when we have the re-match, you'll get another few million but you'll lose that one, what do you think? - you don't have to if you don't want, you can always continue with your career at your uncle's kebab shop earning 20 pesos a month, let me know'
What's he likely to say? - 'No thank you Senor Hearne, my fammille has principals and I'd rather die a poor, dirt farming donkey breeder than take 20 million American wing-wangs'
Hearne and AJ get two lots of £19.99 from the duffers who believe it's real, donkey boy retires to Tijuana and Sky make a fortune, the only losers are those who think it's not set up from start to finish

If AJ was put down & hurt in training, surely it would of been leaked, or Dr notified,

There was swelling and marks on his face before fight but you never know could be biased media with him loosing

End of the day he lost he had no answers to deal with Ruiz power Ruiz also used the ring better as well.

Cant start making excuses for his loss as before that fight they were all saying this is the best fight camp he has had best they have seen him the works.

He then Goes out and gets beat by the much better fighter on the day.

Question is now how he deals with his loss as he himself will know he was well beaten so does he get a new fight camp bring in somebody new etc

And Mentally how he deals with the defeat will be a test for him

Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr: Rematch will take place 'in November or December'
Anthony Joshua vows to 'get belts back' after 'minor setback'
Video caption Anthony Joshua vows to 'get belts back' after 'minor setback'
A rematch between Anthony Joshua and his conqueror Andy Ruiz Jr will take place in November or December, says Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

American-born Mexican Ruiz produced one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight boxing history to take Joshua's IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight titles in New York on Saturday.

A rematch clause was part of the contract for the fight.

Hearn said the clause had been triggered on Tuesday after talks.

"After meetings with AJ, Rob Mc[Cracken - Joshua's trainer] and the management team in NY, we have today triggered the contracted rematch clause with Andy Ruiz Jr," Hearn said on Twitter .

"The fight will take place in Nov/Dec at a venue to be confirmed shortly."

5 live boxing with Bunce & Costello: Joshua beaten - what comes next?
'Everything is possible' - Fallout from Joshua defeat
'He's lost his belts and his invincibility' - what next for Joshua after Ruiz defeat?
British fighter Joshua, 29, was floored four times as Ruiz defied his underdog status to win in seven rounds at Madison Square Garden. The London 2012 Olympic champion subsequently had a concussion test after the first defeat of his 23-fight career.

Ruiz, also 29, took the fight at short notice after Joshua's original opponent Jarrell Miller failed drug tests.

The new champion, who was born in the United States but fights under the Mexican flag, has previously said he will take a rematch at any time .

In a post-fight news conference, Joshua was asked about potential fights with WBC world champion Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

"I still want to compete with those men but a rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr is where we are at," he said. "I'm still a champ and I will rectify it to get the belts back."

At the same time, Hearn said a rematch is a "must win" because Joshua's options will be "nothing after that".

Speaking to BBC Sport Wales, Matchroom Sport chief Barry Hearn said he would like to see the fight take place in Cardiff but that a foreign host city "can't be ruled out".

"If the rematch happens I would think Cardiff would have an outstanding chance of being our venue of choice, simply because it [holds] 80,000 people - it's only beaten in size by Wembley - and it has a roof, which means we can do it at the appropriate time around November," he said.

"The only doubt I would say is that boxing is a strange business and you never know what happens in terms of we have an agreement in place, but sometimes we have to make sure that agreement is honoured.

"Secondly, because it's now a huge fight this rematch - with the upset of the century - you can't rule out that it doesn't take place outside the UK."

Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz Jr: Rematch will take place 'in November or December'
Anthony Joshua vows to 'get belts back' after 'minor setback'
Video caption Anthony Joshua vows to 'get belts back' after 'minor setback'
A rematch between Anthony Joshua and his conqueror Andy Ruiz Jr will take place in November or December, says Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

American-born Mexican Ruiz produced one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight boxing history to take Joshua's IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight titles in New York on Saturday.

A rematch clause was part of the contract for the fight.

Hearn said the clause had been triggered on Tuesday after talks.

"After meetings with AJ, Rob Mc[Cracken - Joshua's trainer] and the management team in NY, we have today triggered the contracted rematch clause with Andy Ruiz Jr," Hearn said on Twitter .

"The fight will take place in Nov/Dec at a venue to be confirmed shortly."

5 live boxing with Bunce & Costello: Joshua beaten - what comes next?
'Everything is possible' - Fallout from Joshua defeat
'He's lost his belts and his invincibility' - what next for Joshua after Ruiz defeat?
British fighter Joshua, 29, was floored four times as Ruiz defied his underdog status to win in seven rounds at Madison Square Garden. The London 2012 Olympic champion subsequently had a concussion test after the first defeat of his 23-fight career.

Ruiz, also 29, took the fight at short notice after Joshua's original opponent Jarrell Miller failed drug tests.

The new champion, who was born in the United States but fights under the Mexican flag, has previously said he will take a rematch at any time .

In a post-fight news conference, Joshua was asked about potential fights with WBC world champion Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

"I still want to compete with those men but a rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr is where we are at," he said. "I'm still a champ and I will rectify it to get the belts back."

At the same time, Hearn said a rematch is a "must win" because Joshua's options will be "nothing after that".

Speaking to BBC Sport Wales, Matchroom Sport chief Barry Hearn said he would like to see the fight take place in Cardiff but that a foreign host city "can't be ruled out".

"If the rematch happens I would think Cardiff would have an outstanding chance of being our venue of choice, simply because it [holds] 80,000 people - it's only beaten in size by Wembley - and it has a roof, which means we can do it at the appropriate time around November," he said.

"The only doubt I would say is that boxing is a strange business and you never know what happens in terms of we have an agreement in place, but sometimes we have to make sure that agreement is honoured.

"Secondly, because it's now a huge fight this rematch - with the upset of the century - you can't rule out that it doesn't take place outside the UK."
AJ KO'D IN SPARING BEFORE RUIZ FIGHT

Back