AJP NEO PC Problem (Solved)

sinno

VIP Member
Here is a tough 1,i was asked to have a look at this 1,it is a all in one pc,came without harddrive but sata connections were there,i formatted a 500gb into 2 partitions 1 fat32 and the other ntfs,i installed the harddrive but it will not be recognised by a install disk of xp pro,i went into the bios and there is no recognition of the drive there either even with the sata master set to auto,does anyone know of a way to make this drive recognisable to the bios,or even where i might find a bios for this machine,as far as i am aware the company went bust a number of years ago and from my own preliminary searches i cant locate a bios for it
Any help would be much appreciated

Just to add to this it is a Pheonix cME First BIOS Notebook Pro
Bios Ver 1.00.POC
KBC ver 1.00.01
If anyone can help in finding this it would be much appreciated

Maybe try formatting the complete drive with no partitions to either fat32 or NTFS, if its recognised do the partition afterwards?

Tried that Axxxo,opened up the end bay for the hdd and found an ide slot so tried a old larger sized hdd and wouldnt work,plugged in a 15 gb one from a much older comp and it was recognised,this brought about its own set of problems with the bios being shadowed and no way to turn it off

I actually cracked this nut,after fixing the mbr with the recovery console and then fixing the fixboot also in the console the ide drive allowed a full instalation of xp,chkdsk told me the disk was ok so it was a process of elimination,this thing was so bad i was going to give up but perseverance paid off,dissapointed the sata drive wouldnt work,im sure when xp is up and running i could get the appropriate drives but for now im leaving the 15gb in and putting the sata 500gb into a enclosure as a external and giving the comp back,so if the mods can put SOLVED on this that would be great

Back