Alarm and radio problem on type r

SteveFD

hi , new to this site etc etc ,

this is the problem i have , i had my car off the road for a few months (civic type R ep3), when i got back i got the usual service new pads etc but my alarm kept on going off constantly so the bloke at the garage dissconected "SOMTHING" because "SOMTHING" in the car had been flooded due to it being off the road for ages he said to pop back and he will try reconnecting it to see if it works again. whatever it was he dissconnected has stopped my radio and central locking from working aswell as the alarm.
central locking and alarm i can deal with but no radio on a regular 3 hour drive every week is disgusting. i would go and see him but away from home at the moment , any help would be brilliant
cheers

oh and sorry for not being any more specific but my car knowledge is a bit crap

he couldnt tell you what he disconnected?? id be looking for another garage. did your battery go dead in the time it sat? if so there is probably an alarm reset to do. is the alarm factory or aftermarket?

he couldnt tell you what he disconnected?? id be looking for another garage. did your battery go dead in the time it sat? if so there is probably an alarm reset to do. is the alarm factory or aftermarket?
Hi mate , yeh he did tell what he had to dissconnect but I was driving at the time so didn't quite catch what he said, yeh the battery did go dead and the alarm was factory fitted, I just didn't know weather the alarm and radio where connected seeing as when he disconnected the alarm the radio stopped working,
cheers steve

---------- Post Merged at 08:34 PM ----------

Hi mate , yeh he did tell what he had to dissconnect but I was driving at the time so didn't quite catch what he said, yeh the battery did go dead and the alarm was factory fitted, I just didn't know weather the alarm and radio where connected seeing as when he disconnected the alarm the radio stopped working,
cheers steve

if you have your manual for the alarm you should be able to do a reset yourself. you have to get whatever the mechanic disconnected connected first tho.

Back