Alive & Kicking

telveskid

Hi Guys,

I thort i ask the question
Who got the oldest flat screen tv still is in daily use at home ?
Currently using a Panasonic 42" Plasma tv ( analogue & freeview tuners and is HD ready )in the bedroom bought in 2007 and its still going strong would be interested what else is out there and is Alive & Kicking.

Regards

I've a 43 inch Samsung plasma still alive and kicking hd ready tv had it about 10 year now kids use it it bedroom for playing consoles on ect

How about adding oldest TV's in general. I've got a 1961 ultra Bermuda in the garage. Frames collapsed on it though.

Just on the subject Panasonic Plasma TV's. I had one a good few years ago. It would eat electric like a 2 bar fire and the screen was as hot as one.

Infact, we never needed the heating on in the winter in the living room.
In the summer was worse, sat in your skids watching TV.

Just on the subject Panasonic Plasma TV's. I had one a good few years ago. It would eat electric like a 2 bar fire and the screen was as hot as one.

Infact, we never needed the heating on in the winter in the living room.
In the summer was worse, sat in your skids watching TV.
Mines litteraly same in kids bedroom always warm in there once tv been on a few hours

Ye had my Panasonic plasma coming up to 10 years I believe.

Still fine and that but sadly burn ins have become permanent and near enough impossible to get rid of.

That's big issue with plasmas and OLED TVs today you can't leave it on the same channel for so long without encountering these issues.

The latest tvs nowadays won't get screen burn, the panels are different so tend not to burn so leaving a channel on all the time won't effect them like 10 years ago plus you can pick up a decent size HDR 4k tv now for like 300 quid, pennies really for what u get

The latest tvs nowadays won't get screen burn, the panels are different so tend not to burn so leaving a channel on all the time won't effect them like 10 years ago plus you can pick up a decent size HDR 4k tv now for like 300 quid, pennies really for what u get

Was under the impression that OLED TVs still have screen burn issue unlike QLED tvs.

This was my understanding from what I read a while back regarding OLED tvs

Was under the impression that OLED TVs still have screen burn issue unlike QLED tvs.

This was my understanding from what I read a while back regarding OLED tvs
If you was to pause a programme for hours and hours then your bound to have a problem but for day to day use its not really something that will happen with today's panels, alot of panels now last like 100 thousand hours which is something around 10 years of constant use, obviously some are going to be unlucky but that will just be a fault on their particular model which is the same for everything you buy in life, my mates had 2 ps5s and have both broke in a week lol how unlucky can you be but not everything is perfect and obviously would be coverd under your manufacturer guarantee.

Ye had my Panasonic plasma coming up to 10 years I believe.

Still fine and that but sadly burn ins have become permanent and near enough impossible to get rid of.

That's big issue with plasmas and OLED TVs today you can't leave it on the same channel for so long without encountering these issues.
Should change channel off of cbeebies from time to time lmfao

Back