All channels working on Cable? Read Below

Hello,

Sorry for posting this in the satellite forum but I cannot find the appropriate cable forum. Can someone let me know if all channels are working on virgin cable. Also I have read all HD channels work eg Sky Sports HD etc. Im thinking of switching from openbox to a cable box.

If someone could let me know that would be great.

Cheers

Hello,

Sorry for posting this in the satellite forum but I cannot find the appropriate cable forum. Can someone let me know if all channels are working on virgin cable. Also I have read all HD channels work eg Sky Sports HD etc. Im thinking of switching from openbox to a cable box.

If someone could let me know that would be great.

Cheers

At the moment. Yes all channels are currently working on Virmin including HD. As with all things, it's anyones guess how long it will last, so just enjoy it while you still can.

Thanks for the response guys. Which cable box would you recommend. Im looking for a box which able to watch one channel and record three like the official virmin box. Also I need stable recording from EPG. Do any of these have Sky Menu?

Thanks for the response guys. Which cable box would you recommend. Im looking for a box which able to watch one channel and record three like the official virmin box. Also I need stable recording from EPG. Do any of these have Sky Menu?

Prob best to look at the VU box it can record up to 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Vu+Uno 4K, as @southsimon says it has 8 cable tuners so as long as your provider allows that many connections then you could watch one and record another 7. It's a cracking box but as yet I've not had the need to use all the tuners at once

souns like a great box grog68 but why any one would need 8 tuners i will never know. Even the post saying wants to watch 1 and record 3 amazes me

souns like a great box grog68 but why any one would need 8 tuners i will never know. Even the post saying wants to watch 1 and record 3 amazes me
When I got mine I wasn't looking for 8 tuners, I just wanted a twin cable as my wife works in evenings and records all the soaps, Zgemma is all I had used upto now but they didn't have twin DVB-C boxes at the time, and when I saw it the Vu+Uno I thought having just one of the extra tuners was handy so we don't have to worry about cross overs, ie eastenders ending at 8 while corro starts at 8 while I'm watching the sport at 8, with a twin, I would have to stop watching the sport a couple of minutes to 8 as the two tuners would both be needed as the two recordings overlap. A few minutes later I can go back to watching sport. That's not a problem now that I have more tuners.

I have, like many, a couple H2S's which are virtually useless now, but no it's not. I can link my H2S to the VU so it uses a free tuner on it, so my son could be watching Sly 1HD on one H2s, the wife could be upstairs watching Sly Living HD on the other H2s and I can be downstairs watching sport and recording something else. OK in reality it doesn't happen, my son streams everything on his phone, my wife kicks me upstairs and by the time the wife's home the soaps have finished recording and she's watching them. I don't think we've ever used more than 3 tuners at any one time.

Back