Alternative satellites? Is it easy to do and is it worth it?

help36

Hi guys,

Been looking for a few options since sly went down. I have decided to get a zgemma and use vermin as I have BB with them, however my dad does not have vermin in his area, so is now in the dark and likes to watch sports channels.

My question is, is it worth pointing the dish to another satellite or getting an additional LNB etc. I have seen that people have mentioned 19.2 and 23.5 I think?

He obviously currently has no sports so any would be better but would need to be in English and have BBC, ITV FTA channels plus sly sports and movies. Is this possible and how easy to use once setup? He only has a normal dish not motorised etc.

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.

19.2 east is a good opinion Go to dishpointer.com select 19.2 east Enter your postcode to receive your elevation and azimuth angle You will also see a map showing the direction to point the dish King of sats will show you the channels available for 19.2 You can also download dishpointer pro this will show you infra red ark off all the satellites and if there is a clear line of sight A satellite meter would be advisiable Dish size depends how south you are If your dish is a zone2 dish which is 60cms you should be able to use it with your existing l.n.b When you look at your sky dish face on you will notice your l.n.b sets at seven o'clock Your l.nb position will now change to 12 o'clock When you are aligning the dish you will notice elevation scale on the side of the dishAt present you will notice the marks are lined up at 20degrees this will increase to 24 degrees You will also need European server by posting in the thread recommend server

Hi guys,

Been looking for a few options since sly went down. I have decided to get a zgemma and use vermin as I have BB with them, however my dad does not have vermin in his area, so is now in the dark and likes to watch sports channels.

My question is, is it worth pointing the dish to another satellite or getting an additional LNB etc. I have seen that people have mentioned 19.2 and 23.5 I think?

He obviously currently has no sports so any would be better but would need to be in English and have BBC, ITV FTA channels plus sly sports and movies. Is this possible and how easy to use once setup? He only has a normal dish not motorised etc.

Thanks in advance for any help on this topic.
If your dad still wants BBC, ITV, etc. then he needs either 2 lnbs on the dish, (1 for 28E, 1 for 19E or even a third for 23.5E), or a mororized system, there is only German Sky sports but that might go too, the only other main sports in English are Eurosports & Golf, some film channels have English Audio, it's not easy to use unless you have a channel list, (i have my own for V8s), look here for more information -
http://www.techkings.org/threads/19-2e.123163/
http://www.techkings.org/threads/motorised-dish.123728/

Last edited:
Back