Amateur needs help installing open box V8S

Hi ok, first off i am a complete novice, never owned an open box in my life or anything of the sort.
Heres my setup:
2 sky HD boxes downstairs connected to a sky dish with 8 slots for LnB connectors.
obviously these boxes took up 4 slots so i thought id buy an openbox v8s for upstairs just to give it a go, so i bought the open box got the ladders out and wired up a shotgun coax cable from the upstairs bedroom to the dish, obviously the cable was too long so i cut the coax where necarsary and reattached the F connectors (something I've not done before but it seemed pretty straight forward). Heres my problem: I can't get any signal in the upstairs bedroom, I've tried the open box downstairs and it works perfect so no issues with the box, I've also tried a sky box upstairs which didn't work so i know I've messed up the wiring part but where and how? have i overlooked something more complicated about reconnecting the f connectors? is there particular slots i should have used in the satellite dish? does sky block certain points from the dish?(wild one i know..) I'm just stumped to where i have gone wrong any advice would be great

linesman66

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
No signal on all channels would indicate fault with your installation

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

kyleepratt

Check your f connectors are fitted correctly

Hi linesman66,
thanks for your reply, is the fitting of f connectors more complicated than i thought than? i assumed just strip back the outer casing of wire to expose copper pin then bang the f connector back on with plyers?

linesman66

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Take outer sheath off for 20mm fold back copper Brading along outer sheath stripe leaving 5mm off white insulation screw f connector on until it's tight against white insulation cut single copper core back cut copper breading away