Amateur needs help installing open box V8S

Hi ok, first off i am a complete novice, never owned an open box in my life or anything of the sort.
Heres my setup:
2 sky HD boxes downstairs connected to a sky dish with 8 slots for LnB connectors.
obviously these boxes took up 4 slots so i thought id buy an openbox v8s for upstairs just to give it a go, so i bought the open box got the ladders out and wired up a shotgun coax cable from the upstairs bedroom to the dish, obviously the cable was too long so i cut the coax where necarsary and reattached the F connectors (something I've not done before but it seemed pretty straight forward). Heres my problem: I can't get any signal in the upstairs bedroom, I've tried the open box downstairs and it works perfect so no issues with the box, I've also tried a sky box upstairs which didn't work so i know I've messed up the wiring part but where and how? have i overlooked something more complicated about reconnecting the f connectors? is there particular slots i should have used in the satellite dish? does sky block certain points from the dish?(wild one i know..) I'm just stumped to where i have gone wrong any advice would be great

No signal on all channels would indicate fault with your installation

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Check your f connectors are fitted correctly

Hi linesman66,
thanks for your reply, is the fitting of f connectors more complicated than i thought than? i assumed just strip back the outer casing of wire to expose copper pin then bang the f connector back on with plyers?

Take outer sheath off for 20mm fold back copper Brading along outer sheath stripe leaving 5mm off white insulation screw f connector on until it's tight against white insulation cut single copper core back cut copper breading away

Back