Amazon 4k Fire Stick Ethernet Adaptor

I think it's important to install a speed test app alongside a vpn (if it doesn't have one built into the vpn app) to know exactly what speed you're getting.

I've started using Surfshark - I get higher speed with vpn turned on than without. Before that I used digibit for years with minimal loss of speed, so I think it's also about finding the right vpn for you. But I don't see that anyone with reasonable internet speed should find a vpn drops there speed to insufficient speeds to stream.
I use analiti but seem to lose around 5-10mb from UFO vpn set to Manchester server, I lose around 20mb if I connect further down road to London server from up here in Scotland. Not that much to moan about I suppose. All in with vpn active I get around 90mb down and 30mb up.

Do any of you guys use the android vpn safety dot (a little green dot at top of screen)? This is a good indicator to save you from going in and out of vpn app to check connection.

Do any of you guys use the android vpn safety dot (a little green dot at top of screen)? This is a good indicator to save you from going in and out of vpn app to check connection.

I've currently got vpn connecting to closest server when I startup my devices and don't seem to get any dropouts although tbf I wouldn't notice as my iptv hasn't needed a vpn lately

I've currently got vpn connecting to closest server when I startup my devices and don't seem to get any dropouts although tbf I wouldn't notice as my iptv hasn't needed a vpn lately
I was locked into an app by the iptv supplier and there wasn't a vpn option until this high court ruling. So had to use my own vpn

The User interface and epg was rubbish on the supplied iptv extreme app and the speeds were always poor.

Recently the provider has finally gave us the XCIPTV app with built in vpn.

I'd rather use my own as at least then you know if something goes wrong it's on yourself and nobody else.

Nice little earner for amazon. Provide a device fully capable and proven to operate perfectly well over WiFi, then invent something for people to buy who are convinced that it'll solve their iptv buffering problem if they have a wired connection.

Simple test - if your firestick streams YouTube, Netflix, Prime etc over WiFi without buffering, the the ethernet adapter isn't needed.
A lot of the time its the server. Try prime tv and kodi if you have itand if you do get buffering on them you know its not your WiFi

Your vpn will slow your WiFi anyway. I only use it when necessary

i am currently all wireless and my speed into the house from plusnet is 80 Mbps down 20 up. out of interest i tested my pcs wireless speed with a cheap wireless card and a gli-net mt300n-v2 . the speeds are fantastic nearly flat out speeds , very little loss. the beauty of the gli-net is the ability to use it on an android box as a wireless dongle too. you can also install a vpn. i dont know how much different the wireless is compared to wired with regards buffering but i have no problems with netflix or amazon or internet video streaming. BTW the gli-net was the faster.
speedtestwirless.jpggli.jpg

I would never rely on wireless if a wired connection was possible. Wired is always better. True, wifi connections are usually OK but interference can occur and cause problems. Neighbours wifi's can also affect your wifi's performance. I ran a cable from my router across the loft and down to the TV where there's an 8 port hub and all my TV and streaming devices are plugged in. £13 is a small price to pay for absolutely reliable connectivity for my Fire imo.

Back