AMD or Nvidia?

johnny75

Hi all,

I'm currently builiding a custom PC but I can't decide which graphics card to go for. All help is appreciated!!

It's hard for me to compare personally because I've had Nvidia for around the past 10/11 years but I do hear that there are some good AMD cards nowadays, what's your budget mate?

edit: just realised the OP was posted ages ago ..

Last edited:
Ive tried both, I can say confidently Nvidia is much better.... I found AMD to overheat much more and not lasting as long. Ive got a gtx 970, had it for a year now and it performs very well, maxing out games on 1080p etc

Yeah I snagged a GTX 960 in a sale around half a year ago and it's been superb, the only thing is my old i5 is bottlenecking my PC at the moment.

depends on how much you want to spend im running a gtx 970 which is a beast for 1080p resulution...what games you gonna play?

on a side note i hear good things about the AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB card

I would go Nvidia also - however AMD did bring out Freesync awhile back however I discovered it was possible to make this work with Nvidia cards, it doesn't give you the same results, but does provide you with a higher refresh rate at 75hz. This is with an LG ultra wide monitor

Back