Amiko 6 Changing Player

oldsparky

Anyone know how to change the player on an Amiko 6, Cannot get any catchup . Supplier hasnt come up with any suggestions but others have said it may be a player problem and to to try changing the player .

I am assuming it's the Amiko A6 range we are talking about, which model is it, the A6, A6N or A6N MAX and let's start with the basics, is it the built in MyTV you are using or is it a third party installed app. and if so which one?

OK and when you say you can't get any catchup then what is it doing (or not doing) exactly, showing catchup channel and when you select just not playing and coming up with an error of some kind or is there just no catchup channels showing?
By catchup channels showing I mean like in the example screenshot I am attaching, when you bring up the channel list (not the only way but one example) do you see like this in the screenshot where there is the clock icon with the red arrow going round next to any channels?

Attachments

• a6screenshot.jpg
    a6screenshot.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 8
There are catch up channels showing ( I have 2 Amikos both the same this applies to both ), When I select a previous programme I get the message " Get URL Fail ". If I power down the box,s and re-start sometimes it will work but only for programmes maybe 2 hours old.

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Shots of Catch up channel and URL Fail.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0241.JPG
    IMG_0241.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
OK what you can try is this (if you have not already done so):
Upgrade to latest BETA version firmware MENU > Setting > System > Upgrade > BETA version (blue button) > Select Version (there is currently only one version showing in BETA)

Once upgrade is complete then IMPORTANT part:
MENU > Setting > System > Reset > Clear MyTV data

Then test out in MyTV, test everything, Live, VOD, Series etc. and see how they get on - If it's still an issue (hopefully not) but if it is then come back to me but perhaps better by private message with some more details, I'll let you know what these are exactly if you just give me a shout over private message, some of them are going to be things that's probably best not posted in an open forum so better via private message but with any luck the above will be enough to get you going in any case, if not though we'll give it another try with something else! :)

Didnt work I,m afraid. Dont get URL Fail message, can scroll back a few days but wont play. Sticks with the wheel then it either goes back to the current programme or locks up. Then need to power it down but have trouble logging in after.

It's all starting to point to you the provider from what you've explained but never the less as mentioned get in touch with me via primate message and we can try a few other tests between us.

Even if it is a provider issue of compatibility then don't worry, that doesn't mean we can't get that fixed but it will mean that I'll need more details from you that do not belong in being posted on a public forum so this is why I request this is continued via private message from here on. I will send you a 'Hi' message now so you can reply to me on that. :)

Back