Amiko Alien 2 box on Vir**n Media

Neilus77

hi everyone, I’m new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have had an Amiko Alien 2 box and currently it’s running of Vi**in Media, had loads of issues with channels freezing and glitching, box been back to the chap who set it up and box is fine, I am running it from my Vi**in box on the wall and splitting off to Vi**in Broadband hub and Amiko box. I have had a play with the cables and moved the main broadband isolator cable that comes from the wall and went in to a splitter then off to the Amiko box and router, I have replaced that cable with a standard cable to a splitter then isolator cable to router and plain cable to the Amiko box, this seems to have worked but it might just be the box is having a good day. Has anyone else had glitching and freezing issues with these boxes and how did you resolve them, it’s driving me mad. Thanks.

this is a problem thats been plaguing me for awile now, things I've tried is buy splitters and cables that have been recommended on this site which have improved the signal a little bit, I've tried multiple suppliers and they cant all be offering glitchy servers so its definitely something my end, I reckon its something to do with oscam and its configuration in my case, theres a few configurations that people have posted up on this forum on setting up oscam which has mostly reduced the issues i'm having, but not elimated it completely. I see people talking about their signal intensity is in the 60s where mine is mostly in the 25-40 range depending on the channel being watched so maybe its too low and the softcam is struggling from time to time to know what channel it is on so not sending requests to the server on the line, who knows maybe others on here can shed some light on it, my box is a amiko a4 combo box and oscam is the only softcam that can be used on mine.

Thanks for the reply, I am not too hot on the words in it though, I bought my box through a mate, it’s running open vix blue and on a single ccam line of that means anything, I’m not sure how to check the signal strength coming to the box or even if I can do I know if the actual V media line any good, my box has been tested at the sellers house and he has no issues with it at all so it has something to do with my house. Hope someone can help us both out before I use a hammer to solve the issue.

Amikos are known to have weak tuners as they are the cheaper end of the market.
I had a amiko mini combo HD running VM and had the same problem as you guys, I upgraded to a technomate box using the same provider and hey presto problem solved

have you got the correct net id for your area?
Are all your connections tight and have no cracks in them where damp can get in?
Have a look at this guide - amiko-mini-hd-combo-tutorial it's not the same boxes as yours but might give you some ideas

Thanks for this, how do I find out the net is for my area, my box come fully set up so not sure what I’m doing with it, also does it matter where this isolator cable goes, I thought it was just for broadband so changed it from wall socket to splitter where it was installed to after splitter to the router, I then run standard cables from wall to splitter and splitter to Amiko box. Like I said I have no idea what to do with these boxes and I am struggling to get help from the person I bought it from, he says box is fine so must be something my end but don’t know how to identify the issue on my own.

Did you get your box from ebay or facebook? Hopefully not as these are notorious for working for a couple of weeks and then playing up (basically it's a scam) the forum is full of people being ripped off.
not familiar with your box but if you have just VM broadband you take the white cable from the back of your router screw it into a 2 way splitter, then you should have a cable going from your splitter to your router and one into your amiko.
Here is a list of net ids - cable-netids you need to find the one that's closest to where you live

I didn’t get my box off the net it was through a friend as he knows someone who sets them up. Originally the white VM cable went from the wall to the splitter then normal cables off to box and vm router, I switched the white cable to after splitter direct to VM box and found this made the glitching less, not sure if I have done wrong doing it this way but I thought the white cable was affecting the VM tv signal, I can’t think what would cause the glitching, no way to test the tv signal coming to the house I guess.

How do I know which ID is best for my area, there are 3 areas it could be, if I have the wrong one would this cause glitching and freezing on the channels or just give me less channels, I’m worried about messing with the box settings unless I really mess it up.

Back