Amiko memory issue

A word of Caution if you are thinking of getting any of the Amiko minihd range.

I have a couple of motorised systems and my second system has aDreambox DM800 with most satellites between 62 East to 42 West loaded.
With the HD issues I thought I would add cable and did not want yet another box under the TV (wife restrictions) so I got one of the minicombos with the intension of loading up the 62 East to 42 West along with thecable channels. After quite a bit off faff I managed to get the majority of thecable channels loaded after installing the latest EMU software with 28 Westpreloaded and organised into favourites. Indecently, the reason that they cableloading is a faff is that the default transponder list is not anything like thefrequencies used in the UK. I then wenton to start loading the other satellites up starting at 28 East and workingtoward the west. All was loading well and with the exception of 16 East and 10East the searching seemed much quicker than the Dreambox.
When I got to 1 West the search was around 50% complete and thensuddenly stopped and said that I could not store anymore channels has thememory was full. On checking the spec the receiver only has 64 mb of flash. Ihave not encountered this issue since I had a Nokia 9600 over 10 years ago. Theonly solution is to delete channels so more faff. To get 1 West loaded up Ideleted all the radio channels but to get the full satellites between 62 Eastto 42 West loaded appears to be impossible unless you delete all the crapchannels you never use which is OK until you refresh any particular satelliteand you have to do it again.

How much extra would it cost to put an adequate amount of flashmemory in the receiver?
Surly only pennies.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ----------

Apologies for the spacing issues, some weird formatting has been applied when pasted in

what i would ask how many sats can your dish see,boxes may only have a limit of say 10000 stored,on astra and hotbird think i got over 2000 on scanning,if your cable scans also in the mix,nice to get feedback good or bad cheers.

Back