Amiko Mini Combo EPG Problem

Hello Everybody,

I am currently having a small but very annoying problem with my Amiko Mini Combo HD. I am using a cable server with every channel working but i cannot get the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) to show what is on and what is on next. This is a very annoying problem as i am unable to know what i am watching ! Every time i go through the channels, all it comes up with is no info and rarely if i stay on the channel for around 30-60 seconds, it will show me some EPG information just for that channel that i am currently on.

Just to give you more information on my Setup.

Amiko Mini Combo using a Cable server. It is wired to 150mb broadband. i am Currently using the Birmingham Frequency which picks up all channels and work perfectly except EPG.

I am currenty running Amiko miniHD combo galaxy 1.3.46 Firmware. The reason i am running this firmware is because i have also tried: Amiko MiniHD Combo Emu 1.3.76 and Lavatronics-282e-ALLSD+FTAHD-211014-Combo with no success.

Hopefully someone can help me regarding this.

Thanks
Dynastyjim

There are different EPG modes, some are better than others,

You can access them from the remote from what I can remember.

I had a good look last night to try and find settings related to the EPG and i was not able to find any. If you could find out how to change EPG modes then that would be great. I have tried to find information regarding changing the EPG modes but nothing could be found !

At least you have got more than me, i cant even get the next hour :damn: What do you mean when you say you have tried all the modes ?

Ah i see, Same here tried the different views of seeing whats on but no luck. I have looked at different threads and it seems that EPG problems started once the box had Firmware 1.2.23 or higher on them. I would try to downgrade to firmware below that but i do not want to deal with the hassle of a bricked box. Another thing that i read is that the newer Mini Combo HD boxed require Boot loader 1.4 or higher so downgrading the boot loader below 1.4 could cause the box to become bricked. I want to find out though that what firmware below 1.2.23 used the 1.4 Boot loader so i am able to do a successful downgrade if i go for it.

When I look at the info I see this

S/W Version 14020A00_2.05052 EMU
Loader Version M3516C 1.2.1
Latest update Nov 04 2014

I've tried to update it via FTP (lavatronics server) latest is March 6th, did All SW+bootloader but it just reboots the same.

Hi,

I'm having this exact same epg issue, did anyone manage to sort this out? Mine the issue is on cable side only sat works perfect.

Last edited:
Im new to the Amiko mini combo.. when upgrading the firmware do you have to make sure it is a specific firmware to match the bootloader like the DM800s?

Back