Amiko Mini HD Combo

Chunkey

Morning All

Just ordered an Amiko Mini HD Combo, anybody using one and can give me a heads up on what they are like in terms of picture quality and setup etc. I don't expect spoon feeding just looking for some user feedback.

Cheers
Chunkey

Setup is similar to most boxes.

Upgrade firmware by USB,

Sat setup, blind scan on 28.2E,manually input your line.

Terrestrial, blind scan.

Cable setup, you need an "F to ariel" connector, connect to RF input.

Input the frequency for your area, blind scan, input your line manually. Get glorious HD !! lol Oh Yes, glorious HD !!

Box seems fine, remote is ok, well impressed with it for the price.

Still learning about sorting channels as it's new to me too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply bees. Not too fussed about Sat (got full sly subscription and also VUDuo) or Terrestrial. I used to have a DBox years ago and have VM broadband so wanted to have a play with the cable stuff.

Quick yes or no is it possible to set this up without having to obtain a paid server sub (you don't have to go into any details)

Cheers

Chunkey

You gone back over to cable then bees? Bet you wished you'd never flogged the blade combo now don't ya?

Channel sorting is quick mate, you just highlight the channels you want to add to your favorites then move all together, a mate of mine was doing it all individually and complained it was far too slow, but like I said highlight all the channels you want then move together...

Just in the middle of changing over by the looks of things, sat line is paid till after Christmas
so I can run both sides off the one box.

TV is pretty big, so difference in HD to SD is very noticable.

Channel sorting is quick mate, you just highlight the channels you want to add to your favorites then move all together, a mate of mine was doing it all individually and complained it was far too slow, but like I said highlight all the channels you want then move together...

Ha Ha Ha !!! That's what I have been doing, will try moving a few at the same time, (y)

cheers

Thanks for the replies, box arrived yesterday so going to have a play around with it over the weekend, I think I have my area details from my dbox days but will most probably be back for help and advice.

Chunkey

Setup is similar to most boxes.

Upgrade firmware by USB,

Sat setup, blind scan on 28.2E,manually input your line.

Terrestrial, blind scan.

Cable setup, you need an "F to ariel" connector, connect to RF input.

Input the frequency for your area, blind scan, input your line manually. Get glorious HD !! lol Oh Yes, glorious HD !!

Box seems fine, remote is ok, well impressed with it for the price.

does anybody know the cable frequency for dublin,tried a blind scan on an amiko mini cimbo only got about 30 channels, any help would be much appreciated,thanks.
Still learning about sorting channels as it's new to me too.

can anybody tell me the cable frequency for the dublin area, tried a blind scan and only got about 30 channels ,any help would be much appreciated,thanks.

I looked up the frequency (net id) on my VM box.

Menu - Tech Stuff it will be at the top of the page.

It doesn't look the same as when you enter it into the box.

e.g Net Id 12345

Is put in as frequency 123.4

Also you might need to change the QAM setting to get the signal.

You should get about 40 odd TP's when you scan

@bees was it hard to find a uk cable provider or would be answered here if requested?

Only found a few at the mo. Prices seem to be about £80 per year. You can sub for shorter periods.

Not so much "recommended" at this stage as I don't know how good they are to be honest.

I'm not suggesting they aren't any good, I have only ran a test line at the mo and it was fine, things seem to be changing daily.
More servers keep popping up.

My sat server is rolling out cable packages very soon so I'm waiting to give him a try.

If I see a request I will send a PM (y)

e.g Net Id 12345

will give it a try, thanks.

e.g Net Id 12345

will give it a try, thanks.

tried it on my amiko mini combo,did'nt work, in cable installation it reads the following

tp index : 1/70
frequency : 306.0
symbol rate : 6900
modulation : qam64
nit search : on
lcn frequency scan : 000.0

in the dublin area, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
That is the default setting off the Amiko box.

You need to look on your VM box for the NET ID.

Put that number into the Frequency on the box. See the example I posted.

Change the QAM number until you get a good signal across the bottom.

Then scan.

If you have no signal across the bottom of the screen it won't pick up any channels.

Back